Kitchen swimming anyone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen swimming anyone?

guinnysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultKitchen swimming anyone?

For the last few months our Guinness has been driving his water bowl around the kitchen with his nose...spilling the contents everywhere! A trip to PetSmart this weekend and we had found the solution! A 3 Litre self waterer. Surely the jug was heavy enough that he couldn't knock it over now! We were right! Oh joy! No more drinking out of the toilet as there was ample supply in the kitchen now. Today Guinness found a new use for the water dish......swimming! Do you know if you put your paws in the little trough where the water comes out you can fill the entire kitchen and half the hallway with water.....this is so exciting...once all of the water is removed you can then run through it to spread it around!!!! I would have taken pictures but darn...I wasn't home when all the fun happened and my hubby sort of had it cleaned up when I returned. Of course he stuck Guinness in the yard to do the clean up and asked our 9 year old to watch him.....30 seconds tops and he was in the pond. Next time I say I want a dog who loves water I'm going to get someone to hit me upside the head with a two by four. Oh by the way...how do you guys give your pups a drink? Grrrrrrrr!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Puebla is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Kitchen swimming anyone?

Oh no!!! I'm glad Puebla doesn't really care to play in water.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

You get a stainless steel bowl with a rubber base - no sliding and you only put in enough for him to have a few drinks each time. Or, get a raised stand.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rowdy don't move his bowl around but he slops some. ;D What worries me is he has started to not let me know he needs water, but has been trying to turn on the faucet in the kitchen instead. : Does anyone see a disaster waiting to happen here?

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

Sorry, that is too funny. I can just imagine. It's bad enough when we get all the drips on the floor from our sloppy drinkers, so a whole 3 litres on the floor must have been awful!

If you can't find a bowl with a non-slip bottom, there are non-slip mats you can buy that you could try a standard stainless steel bowl on instead. Or, better yet, try to train him out of it.

Kira has always been a lady, but Finley got into a habit of "digging" in the water bowl at the park. He gets hot when he runs around so he likes to splash water all over himself for a bit of a cooldown. I must admit I was a bit lax about doing anything about it, since it was only outside at the park and I would just fill the water bowl back up after he'd done it. Plus it was kinda cute. ;D Then one day he dug in the water bowl in the house. Argh, NOOOOO!!! I admonished him sternly every time I caught him from then on, and he now no longer digs (although he does stick his front paws in the bowl at the park and sometimes he will lie down with his paws still in the bowl, which tips the entire bowl of water over himself. It's still an improvement though.)

Yep, those water dogs eh?

Caseys Mom Guest

While Casey was going through her play-in-the-water stage (the first five years of her life) we used a flat sided bucket that hung on the wall. She tried hard -lol- but she never managed to dump it. Now at six years old she's finally graduated to a regular bowl.

My floor is wet all the time. When its nice out I keep a dish of water on the deck instead of inside when I am home. Axl our lab loves to make a mess in his water, I swear if he fit he would just crawl in it. Hogan our mixed breed on the other hand loves to hit the food dish with her paw to make the food come out and then she eats it, so I have both food and water all over the place all the time.

We have a big crock for water so it is too heavy to move around or tip over. My first lab, Casey, used to drive my crazy doing the same thing with her water bowl until my Mom found this crock. Now my floors stay pretty dry, except for the dribbles.

Samson is offline Senior Member

I'm lucky - I don't have water dabblers

Mine drink from a bucket that way they don't run out !

It's the cats that knock the bucket over !

Raised water dish but Cinnamon is a dribbler so she puts water half way across the kitchen. She was digging in her regular dish so we went to a raised one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast