Do your labs have "jobs"?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do your labs have "jobs"?

DefaultDo your labs have "jobs"?

Post your labs special little (or silly) jobs here!

Both of my boys have special tasks. Things they picked up over that they love to do and sort of perform a function. Besides protecting the baby, both labs do "kitty round-up." They find the cat for us (if we're going to open the windows or doors and don't want thim to escape.) They search for him throughout the house then "usher" him into the cat room. Rory shreds boxes for us, so they are smaller for the trash can. And Rio retreives the dog bowls and brings them to me so I can fill them with food for dinner. Our old lab used to get the newspaper every morning, and when she couldn't find our she'd steal the neighbors (we didn't teach her that, I swear! olice

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Do your labs have "jobs"?

bump

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Magnum's job is to keep Ruger and Remington in line.

Ruger's job is finding turtles. He loves finding his turtles down in the field. He can usually find them in the woods and he'll dig them up and bring them to me. He is passing along his skill to Remington (these are box turtles... we return them unharmed).

Remington's job is to bug the crap out of Ruger :P

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Simon's job is to keep the backyard aerated.

He also considers it his responsibility to relocate any socks or shirts he finds on the floor of Kevin's room that he dresses in. Never my socks (and there are a lot more of my socks on the floor in my bathroom). Only Kevin's socks.

Angus' job is to follow me from room to room, in hopes that I might produce a treat.

It is both their jobs - and they take it very seriously - to alert me to various living creatures who comes within 25 yards of the house. This includes cats, dogs and people. Squirrels are watched, but not cause for alarm.

Crash never alerted for people - only dogs, cats and plastic bags blowing across the lawn.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Rory shreds boxes for us, so they are smaller for the trash can.
    Same here!!! Scotty's other job is to showcase my underwear by dragging it all over the house. Good thing it's just me and SU.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Sammi is the spare vaccum cleaner!

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana

Same here!!! Scotty's other job is to showcase my underwear by dragging it all over the house. Good thing it's just me and SU.
    Molly enjoys that job as well :P Only it's me, mom, dad, brother and grandma in the house (lol)

Abby's job is to smash up plastic bottles for recycling (Molly helps sometimes).
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Jinx is offline Senior Member

Shelby is the official bug killer. Not only does she kill them, she makes them sorry for coming into HER home first.

Jinx is my little helper. She's my balance dog(not so much anymore), she carries things for me and she picks up things if I drop them. She loves having a job and hopes I'll have things for her to carry.
    Its all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Puff brings the paper in every morning when we come back from our morning walk.

I used to send Bess out the doggie door 200 feet to the street at another house we lived in then. She always brought back a paper even if our Topeka Capitol-Journal had not been delivered -- sometimes the KC Star, WSJ, NYT. I had to learn who subscribed to which in order to re-deliver them.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Zoe's #1 job when I get home from work is to pick up all of her kongs she had throughout the day, and the napkin that SU wraps around her big kong.

She picks up socks and brings them to me, or anything on the floor that just "doesn't belong" in her mind.

Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast