Buddy is home
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy is home

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultBuddy is home

We have gotten home and Buddy has inspected every inch of the house. He earned a couple of new nicknames between yesterday and the drive home - Fartblossom and Stinkbomb! :-X Hoo boy, this fella is gassy. I don't know if it's a) stress from leaving the foster, b) the Iams Large Breed dog food they had him on, or c) if it's just natural. I'm praying it's either a or b! :P

For having lived most of his life in a shelter run or in a crate at the foster home, he is a very sweet-natured, lovable guy. Buddy was evidently mistreated at some point, because even a raised voice and "no!" will make him cower and lie down. We will certainly work on that. He likes toys but has no clue about fetching or even catching. He's another one who lets a treat boink him on the noggin! LOL I am hoping that in time, he will learn to catch and retrieve. Buddy was excellent on the ride home (except for the occasional noxious fumes that would permeate the van). When we first got him, he didn't want to get in the van, and then he'd try to bolt the minute you opened the door. Understandable, poor guy probably doesn't have many good feelings related to being transported. But, by the second potty stop on the drive back to Michigan today, he was hoppping in on command and waiting for me to grab the leash before getting out. His foster mom said he was very eager to please and should be easy to train, and I think she's right. Once he is secure in knowing this is his forever home, and we're not going to leave him or dump him, I'll find an obedience class to take him to.

Oh yeah, I think he's related to Shanny ... he's a counter-surfer, and has already found the bathroom trash and shredded a used tissue. :-\

This is Buddy last night in Louisville, see how stressed he is from leaving the foster home?

Here's a shot of the white on his chest - Bill calls it a shooting star, since in trails down his belly:

People-watching at the dog park yesterday:

Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Buddy is home

Glad you made it safe and sound. I am so happy for you guys!!! Maybe try some accidophilus (sp) in his food to see if it fixes his gut.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Welcome to your forever home, Buddy!
    You have wonderful parents who are going to love you and take good care of you.

He is very handsome!!
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

budbud is offline Senior Member

Welcome home Buddy

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Welcome home, young man! You're going to love your forever mom and dad.

Seamus and Flynn

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Buddy is a handsome guy! It sounds like he will be very happy in his new home.

Brookville, Pa.

labby is offline Senior Member

Glad the two of you are home.

Laura

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I'm so happy for you guys. Buddy doesn't know how good he's got it yet, he'll come to find out quickly! Thank you for saving him.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

I am so excited for all of you. He's a lucky boy and, in time, will know that all too well.

I'm so glad you made it home I hope you can get the gas taken care of or at least find a way to bottle it and use it in your car

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast