my dog park sucks

Thread: my dog park sucks

Defaultmy dog park sucks

yesterday, on a break from studying, i took gabby to the dog park.

the man who had the chow mix that attacked my aunt's rott was there. instead of getting kicked out of the dog park, he received a warning letter (with detailed information about who complained). I was on edge because he doesn't seem mentally normal.

the dog park is not in a great neighborhood because it was condemned houses the city had and didn't mind turning into a park. so, everytime when i get there, i do a quick patrol for beer bottles and the like. Instead, I end up picking up fifteen piles of poop while the owners that are there are sitting on their butts and gossiping.

After a while, everyone goes to leave, and I take gabby and put her in the small dog side (a 20 by 40 grassy section) while I run to the car and get training stuff). they see me setting up to train and that is it.

Then i get an email today on the yahoo listserve that the dog park is on about how inappropriate it was to use the EMPTY dog park facilities for training!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: my dog park sucks

oohhh boy.....are there other dog parks in St. Louis that are better then this place?
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

yeah, luke's cousin joined one in the city last week that's pretty nice but they're re-seeding right now, and his aunt joined one out in wentzville that could work.

there's always busch wildlife, right?

the problem is that they're all really small and don't limit membership- so you have less than 2 acres and sometimes 55 dogs at a time- yesh.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yikes, that is a sucky dog park.

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

Yup, your dog park sucks. Sorry.

Bella

Felix Guest

It sucks, if i read you're story :-X

Im thinking about asking for a pro-rated refund of the membership fee.

It's been a disappointment, through and through. The owners that allow their dogs to hump, the owners that don't watch their dogs and fail to clean up after them, the aggressive dogs...and now how i cant use the space to train when no one is there?

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by gabbys mom
    Im thinking about asking for a pro-rated refund of the membership fee.

It's been a disappointment, through and through. The owners that allow their dogs to hump, the owners that don't watch their dogs and fail to clean up after them, the aggressive dogs...and now how i cant use the space to train when no one is there?

You PAID for this? yikes!! I was gonna post about how much mine sucks (No policing/accountability (that guy with the aggressive dog wouldn't have even gotten a warning... nothing)..... definately no "small dog" section!!) but at least it's free, so I can't really complain....

That sucks, sorry.&#160; :-\
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317

You PAID for this? yikes!! I was gonna post about how much mine sucks (No policing/accountability (that guy with the aggressive dog wouldn't have even gotten a warning... nothing)..... definately no "small dog" section!!) but at least it's free, so I can't really complain....

That sucks, sorry. :-\
    yeah, it's not much (50 a dog), but the idea that i paid for it at all pisses me off, especially when i read about dukesdad's amazing 30 acre beautiful parks.