Advantage Multi

Thread: Advantage Multi

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

DefaultAdvantage Multi (Stained?)

Yesterday my vet gave us Advantage Multi for Dozer (apparently they've switched to AM from Revolution). We applied it as directed about 1/2 hour before bed (we did it then so the kids would already be in bed and we wouldn't have to worry about them petting it). Dozer went out for a pee before bed but didn't roll in anything. This morning he has a dark patch where the Advantage was. It's sort of crunchy and looks like he rolled in something dusty (though we know he didn't). Weird. I'm not worried because it's not bothering him, but I'm going to call my vet today to let them know. Not sure if it's a light coloured dog thing, I've never had a light coloured dog before. Insight?
    Last edited by Labradorable; 06-12-2009 at 09:38 AM.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh, and he's growing like a weed! When we brought him home two weeks ago he was barely 16 pounds. Yesterday when they weighed him, he was 21.5 pounds. I knew he looked bigger, but over 5 pounds bigger ... wow!
    ~Samantha

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I think I used the advantage multi a couple times when Baloo first came home before switching to sentinel for the rest of that summer, but I remember the crustiness. Obviously he's black so I couldn't see any discoloration, but I remember it being very sticky in the process of drying, so maybe he could have just picked up dirt from rolling around while it was drying, either in his crate or wherever? I eventually switched to sentinel because of the stickiness and having to warn people not to touch his back, having to remind myself to be careful where I was petting, etc.

Oh, and Baloo gained a steady 2 pounds per week for the first few months of growth, so Dozer sounds like he's right on track!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

You're right, it was extremely sticky. I know this because I accidently petted it. I wondered about dust in his crate, and while it's fairly clean it could have had just enough in it to get it to stick. I tried brushing it a bit this morning, but I'm not sure if it helped at all. Such is life.
    ~Samantha