Gamey boy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamey boy

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

DefaultGamey boy

So - my Blaise is now a robust 6 month old - picture of health, nice weight beautiful thick coat (unlike Diesel) - and he is really gamey. When I let him out of his crate in the morning it is like walking into a teenaged boy's bedroom. Or like my mini-van would smell when I drove home a carload of 14 year old boys from skateboarding.

Gamey.

I really don't want to bathe him - but my house is starting to be just as gamey as he is. Ideas?

It's not ears, he has no hot spots, his coat is very thick and oiler than my other Lab's. There is no medical reason for the stank - he is just....gamey.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LuckyGirl is offline Senior Member

My mom has this stuff she rubs on her cat, it's like a foam that you rub on them, then towel them?

I don't know if they have anything like that for dogs or if it's any good or not.

I say take him swimming in a pond or lake or hose him down! That's what my three do. I seem to remember Sam having that smell when he was between puppy and doghood...Gamey really is the best way to describe it!
    Nothing cures a bad mood like a Labrador ... or more in your lap!

Happy 15, Emma 8. RIP Lucky September 6, 2005 - June 7 2013 Sam-Wise March 11, 2006 - May 11, 2016

sarah is offline Senior Member

Now I think of it, Milly smelt more in that 6 - 8 month period too than what she does now? Maybe it's a puppy phase? Maybe it's a summer thing? I'm just throwing ideas out there. I know the smell you mean though!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

So maybe it's the age - maybe it's hormonal?

You know - he is SUCH a suck up! He is always climbing up on the couch next to me and cuddling up. He is like my best little buddy with B.O. I love that he does this - but when he departs his aura remains.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

sarah is offline Senior Member

He just hates to leave you LOL..... wants you to always have a piece of him around.
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

Mix up a spray bottle with 1 part Listerine to 9 parts water. Spritz him and rub it in. When he dries, he WILL smell better.

Samson is offline Senior Member

Febreeze?

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Make sure you wash his bedding often too. The only time I notice any kind of "doggie" smell is when I've been lazy with bedding laundering.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

patm is offline Senior Member

I go with the listerine and water mixture - spritze on and rub it through - it helps my dogs when they get a little smelly for no real reason. It could be allergy related, although if everything else seems OK, probably not. Might also be age related like the others have suggested - oh, and do wash that bedding! Dogs also vary in their smell - Skippy has always had no noticable odor, and Emilu has always smelled a little more "doggy"

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

I don´t understand why you don´t want to bathe him if he is stinky... that will certainly get rid of the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast