Lucky update

Thread: Lucky update

LuckyGirl is offline Senior Member

DefaultLucky update

Lucky's been doing great since her surgery. She's using her leg a lot like the doctor wants her to, we go on multiple short walks like she's been told to do. She got her stitches out today (She's laying in her crate right now or I'd take a pic to show you guys.). The vet is really optimistic on how well she's doing already!

Her anxiety seems to be doing much better since her operation as well. I don't know if just being away from us for 24 hours helped her get over that initial fear, or if it's just because she's doped up on her meds Either way she's done wonderfully. She's let my neighbors (the nice ones who got the beagle/basset puppy) pet her. Everytime we go out I keep a few treats in my pocket and ask one of them if they mind giving her a treat, to help reinforce there are nice people out there! She willingly went into the vet office today with no trouble. She was a little scared during getting stitches out, but I think it's because she usually see our vet that's a man, and the woman vet who always sees Sam took the stitches out. She's always more skittish around her for some reason.

I'm a little worried today because she hasn't been using her leg much at all. I'm hoping she's just a little stiff and it's just bothering her today. She used it a bit more at the end of our walks, but she's just layed in her crate ALL day. Got up to get a drink, and gets up to go outside. She ran out of her post surgery pain pills and is just down to her pre med ones that are not as powerful. If she's still not using it much tomorrow I'll call our vet and ask if she needs a stronger pain med or not.

I've had a surgery very similiar to the one she's just had, mine was just on my shoulder, so I know exactly what she's going through. And I remember my shoulder KILLING me the 2nd week until about a month.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes, I read them off to Lucky and she listens quite intently and gives a kiss to each of them when I'm done!
    Nothing cures a bad mood like a Labrador ... or more in your lap!

Happy 15, Emma 8. RIP Lucky September 6, 2005 - June 7 2013 Sam-Wise March 11, 2006 - May 11, 2016

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear Lucky is doing well after her surgery. xx Sarah
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

kelli is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a good start. Good days and bad days, 2 steps forward, one back is very common.. it gets better =)

kelli, tucker and koda

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kelli View Post
    Sounds like a good start. Good days and bad days, 2 steps forward, one back is very common.. it gets better =)
    OH good thank you! Everyone probably thinks I'm a worry wart!

Happy 15, Emma 8. RIP Lucky September 6, 2005 - June 7 2013 Sam-Wise March 11, 2006 - May 11, 2016

sarah is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyGirl View Post
    OH good thank you! Everyone probably thinks I'm a worry wart!
    as would we be if our dogs had gone through this surgery too. You're just a good Mum and there is nothing wrong with that
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    as would we be if our dogs had gone through this surgery too. You're just a good Mum and there is nothing wrong with that
    thank you

I keep thinking everyone is going to think I'm some horrible lab mum, Lucky had to have surgery and then Sam gashes his leg open!!

Happy is under strict orders to keep his arse on the couch!

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Sounds to me like your trying to do everything you can for your pup's, you are definitely a good mom!

Quote Originally Posted by dipete View Post
    Sounds to me like your trying to do everything you can for your pup's, you are definitely a good mom!
    Thanks!! It's always comforting and reassuring to have other dog owners to talk to you about it! I swear with this luck streak we should have a friggin AWESOME fall/winter. Karma dictates it be so!