Weasels and Dog Parks and Rotties...oh my!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weasels and Dog Parks and Rotties...oh my!

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultWeasels and Dog Parks and Rotties...oh my!

Went to the dog park today with Apollo. Took some pics...I'll upload them shortly. He had a great time and it was a gorgeous day today...hang tight, those pics will be coming up shortly.
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Our day

Can't wait to see the pics. A day in the park is always fun.

I'm uploading the pics now...its should just be a few minutes. Stay tuned! ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Our day (Pictures finally uploaded)

So it was a gorgeous day here in Flagstaff. Sunny, not a cloud in the sky, nice breeze. WONDERFUL. Sam and I started out the day by taking the ferrets outside in their playpen for their first taste of the majestic outdoors. Apollo came along too. We set their playpen up outside, stuck a few branches, rocks, and dandelions in with them and let them explore. They loved it. So here are some pics of the weasels first. I'm uploading the dog park pics so hang tight. Just thought I'd give you a little 'appitizer' while you are waiting on the dog park pics.

Starting on the left: That's lugnut's head, the white butt belongs to Samson, the next butt is Weezies, then thats willow, and the guy on the far right is hendrix

Weezie on the left and her 'sister' Willow on the right enjoy the shade and the grass under their paws:

Samson's nose on the left and Weezie and Willow:

Little Delilah watchs as Lugnut attempts to dig a hole in the grass:

Lugnut watching a crow fly by:

Louise wants Apollo to come play with her:

Samson (white) and Willow (sable) Check out both ends of the yard:

Samson uses his plastic igloo to get a leg up and get up onto the same level as apollo:

Lugnut staring longingly at 'his dog' Apollo:

Willow says, "Can you please pick me up?"

Here are the weasels trying to put Lugnut (the little bully) in his place by smooshing him under the igloo:

Playing in the playpen:

Weezie and Willow reaaalllyy want apollo to come into the playpen with them:

Willow says hello to all the JL members:

Samson, Lugnut, Weezie, Willow:

Lugnut and Willow check out the world beyond the playpen:

Left to right: Delilah, Lugnut's butt, Hendrix, Louise

Now with all those pics of the weasels looking out beyond the playpen you are probably wondering what they were looking at. The answer is apollo. He was laying in the grass sunning himself.....making these funny faces:

Stay tuned! After having fun with the weasels in the yard, we took Apollo to the dog park. Hang tight while I upload those pics.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

I'll be right over to steal Lugnut and Willow :P and possibly Delilah...depends on how quick i am
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Okay! Yay! They are finally uploaded:

Apollo loves little dogs:

We ran into Sam's boss at the dog park. He was there with his dog, tucker. Tucker is sooo stupid. He chases bird shadows lol. He'll run into trees while chasing after a bird shadow. In this pic he's chasing a bird shadow (but not the actual bird) and apollo is running along with him

Apollo and Tucker:

More pics of the boys:

For crying out loud, will you please look at his face? He's totally hamming it up!

Okay, so this was awesome. Some of the dogs started playing a little too rough and one dog (a yellow lab) started picking on another dog. The owner rushed over and instead of hooking his dog up to a leash, he grab his dog, flung him over his should and walked out of the park! OMG! lol! The dog wasn't hurt, maybe a little embarrased, but certainly not hurt by the owner doing this. I was happy to see a dog owner rush his pup out of the park for showing agression, even if it was just over enthusiastic playing. It was really responsible of him. And yes, that is a 75lb lab he's got slung over his shoulder.

When Apollo met this weiner dog he was terribly confused, you can probably tell by the look on his face. Apollo was probably thinking, "holy crap! Are you what happens when a ferret and a dog have a baby?" mwahahaha!

Apollo and Tucker and Apollo's good friend, a sweet pitbull named Scooter (female)

Uh oh, Tucker sees a shadow

Apollo flirted with all the girls, especially this one:

Haha! I love this pic of Apollo, hes all shifty eyed. I have no clue why though

I don't remember this dog's name, but it had the prettiest coat color:

This dog tried to get apollo to play with him by picking up a stick and running around apollo in circles:

Here's that weiner dog from earlier. OMG he was soooo cute. He kept chasing the tennis balls and would even catch them out of the air mid bounce. He was sooo cute.

Some action shots:

Apollo and a SUPER scruffy dog:

More coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyandMolly
    I'll be right over to steal Lugnut and Willow :P and possibly Delilah...depends on how quick i am
    Haha, lug and willow are little trouble makers. Hend and Weezie LOVE to be snuggled and pampered and held like babies. Delilah is so small she could fit in the palm of your hand curled up. She's the oldest one at 7 years old. Shes also very ill with a common ferret disease, adrenal disease. But she's the sweetest ever. She will lick you for like 2 hours non-stop and hiss at you if you push her off of you before she's done 'bathing' you. lol. She also likes to curl up in my shirt and sleep in my bra while I'm doing household chores lol.

We ran into our buddies Tyson (pitbull puppy) and T-bone (rottie) at the park as well. Remeber the rottie that REALLLLYYYY wanted to play with Apollo? Well thats T-bone. Tyson (the pit pup) BOLTED across the dog park to see Apollo. He remembered him ;D He wouldn't leave apollo alone. He kept bouncing around him like "hey, hey, remember me, I'm cute, play with me, wow your neat." it was funny. T-bone also tried to coax apollo to play again, this time with better results:

Here was apollo the first time he met T-bone:

http://apollopuppy.myphotoalbum.com/...01&id=P1010183

And here was Apollo's second encounter with T-bone:

http://apollopuppy.myphotoalbum.com/...llo_and_rottie

Apollo meets a yellow lab:

Will you look at that little stinker's face! Pure joy on that mug of his! Thats cuz he's a ladies man. No, thats not me in the pic, thats some random chick that apollo was 'hitting on'

KLM

I'm loving all your pictures!!

The ferrets look like they had a fun time. Their little faces are so adorable.

The dog park looks like so much fun! We don't have one of those here and live sort of in the country (no neighbors nearby) so Jake doesn't get to play with other dogs that often. Apollo must really love the dog park!! I bet he is wiped out when you get home!

LOL thanks. I always take a million pics of the animals. I am like a mom that wants to document everything.

Apollo really likes the dog park, we aren't able to get another dog for a loonnnnggg time so apollo has fun with the dogs at the dog park instead. They can be crappy sometimes. There was some broken glass that sam picked up in the park today. I am lucky. We've been there 3 times and the only time we encountered an agressive dog was the first time we went. You really gotta watch your dog constantly, look away for a second and something could go wrong. But I think dog parks can be fun if everyone is responsible and plays by the rules regarding agressive dogs (like that dude above that slung his pup over his shoulder and left immediately when his dog got to rough) if everyone was like that it would make dog parks so much better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast