My Guard Dog

Thread: My Guard Dog

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultMy Guard Dog

I have a huge deadline to meet later this week and have been working on it all day today. Unfortunately it means I haven't played with Tal as much as I usually do on Sunday. I have stopped and played with him every couple of hours and have taken him out for fetch a couple of times.

I have my front door closed to avoid any disturbances. Someone did come and knock, and Tal started to bark. I just snickered to myself. Bet they left.

And the funny thing is he came into my room here and gave me that are you proud of me look, tail just waggin! Had to stop and play keepaway a bit for that one..lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablimo is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My Guard Dog

Good boy, Tal! Haylee is protecting me from a very scary large pink ball in the back yard. :

Quote Originally Posted by lablimo
    Good boy, Tal! Haylee is protecting me from a very scary large pink ball in the back yard. :
    A large pink ball is scary! Good girl, Haylee!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablimo is offline Senior Member

Oh, it is very scary. Now, mind you, it's been sitting there since yesterday when it came over the fence from the park. She just noticed it as I was reading your post about Tal. She starts barking her fool head off. So, she and I went out to the backyard and investigated the strange pink orb. She wouldn't even get near it. I picked it up and showed it to her -- she was like, oh, it's a ball.
    Yes, Haylee, it's a ball you knucklehead!!!

georgie is offline Senior Member

;D Good boy Tal. You just chade those pesky people away & let your dad work. He will play with you more when he's finished with his project.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

In 1970+, everytime the postal delivery person walked by a picture window to our front door, Bess sounded the alarm of impending WW-III.

I apologized to our mail delivery person one day and he said, "No problem. She only does this when there's someone at home."

Skip forward 40 years: When Puff is lying beside me on the bed while I'm using the computer WiFi, AND she hears mail going into our box on the side of our home, Puff barks, jumps down, runs to the front door, barks for at least 30 seconds, as if threatening the outsider against an attempted break-in.

BUT, when I come home from an appointment (in the same time span and not with her) if, whenever, I rattle the mailbox lid (as the USPS worker would do) there is nothing but silence from within.

So I've concluded that the observations of our USPS mailman 40 years ago is still correct for many Labs.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Oh my...well he will get to go to daycare tomorrow...one extra day this week 'cuz I need tomorrow night to finish up. So partly it was good today that he didnt have his normal Sunday stuff...he got to rest from yesterday and for tomorrow!