Same song, second verse

Thread: Same song, second verse

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultSame song, second verse

Ok..so Tal and I go to his training class this afternoon and it's really fun 'cuz there are only three of us so you get lots of personal attention.

Then on the way home the age old question comes up...what is wrong with people??!! We saw a beautiful Chocolate Lab in a pickup truck. That part was cool...but the dog was in the bed with no collar, leash, nothing and this vehicle was goin about 40 - 45 mph on one of our busiest streets! One sudden stop and the poor dog would be history.

BTW...only the driver in the truck...sheesh....

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Same song, second verse

:-\

I get sooo nervous when I see loose dogs in truck beds. I don't know what's worse, a loose dog in a truck bed or one that's tied, that could still fall over the side and be dragged. Either way though!! >

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I have a Jeep Wrangler and the top is easily removed. I never have Tal in it when the top is off for two reasons...sunny days and dark coats can be a dangerous combination....Second, it keeps him from having a way out of the car if he sees some dog or person he wants to play with...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I once saw a guy with two mastiffs in a truck bed that weren't tied to anything on the truck, but were tied to EACH OTHER!!

Some people make me wish I could make a career as a vigilante!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

We see this quite often down here where we live..it always p*sses me off...how stupid..DUH!
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog
    Ok..so Tal and I go to his training class this afternoon and it's really fun 'cuz there are only three of us so you get lots of personal attention.

Then on the way home the age old question comes up...what is wrong with people??!! We saw a beautiful Chocolate Lab in a pickup truck. That part was cool...but the dog was in the bed with no collar, leash, nothing and this vehicle was goin about 40 - 45 mph on one of our busiest streets! One sudden stop and the poor dog would be history.

BTW...only the driver in the truck...sheesh....

lablimo is offline Senior Member

I hear you on that one -- it makes me cringe whenever I see that. I also worry that, if it is a warm day, the bed of that truck can get so hot on their feet. Some people just don't think.