The World's Fastest NQ!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The World's Fastest NQ!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe World's Fastest NQ!

Kevin and I were talking before Angus' Rally run today. I was telling him, 'The course is really easy, it's fairly quiet, not a lot of dogs. But, you never know: Even when you think it's a cakewalk, Angus can always come up with a new challenge..."

Oh, but I couldn't have even dreamed of this! No, no...this took failure to new heights. Seriously.

We were warming up. It was an outside venue, our first time to compete outside, so obviously I hand my hands full getting his attention. At first it seemed to be going terribly, as it usually does. But after about five minutes he was rocking and rolling.

There were only two other dogs in his class. I knew one of them - another Lab. A *very* lethargic Lab. A Lab he can run circles around in Rally. The other was a Whippet I didn't know, but Kevin said she was equally not into it. All he had to do was Q, and we'd have a ribbon. And honestly, he had a very, very good shot at first.

We walked into the ring. He was a little wavery, but then I got his attention. I have it on video. He is watching me beautifullly, head up, eyes looking into mine. The judge asked, "Are you ready?"

"Ready!"

I took one step and he whipped his head around backwards, leaped to his feet and turned and ran from the ring.

Game over!

That was my face, seriously:

I think I am still in shock. I honestly cannot believe that happened. You could have knocked me over with a feather.

Angus, dude, that really sucked. >

ETA: I am drinking right now. Before dinner. And I don't drink. :-\

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The World's Fastest NQ!

Oh my gosh! Did he see somethng or someone he knew? Or did he freak out and run?
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Dear Angus,

Dude, you are my monkey-hijinks hero! You have just given me a great idea for my rally trial next weekend. You taught me how to alligator-death-roll, which I too have done at trial.

Isn't the look on our Moms' faces priceless??

Your pal, Henery

Awww Connie!! That SUCKS!! Do you know what got his attention outside of the ring?? (this is why I'm afraid to do advanced with Henery!)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jackie, I watched the tape (all ten seconds of it) multiple times on the way home, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the deal was. ???

Kevin was standing outside the ring about where he ran out, but he didn't go to Kevin: He went to the ring steward who had just taken his leash. I thought the boy (teenager) seemed a little lasse-faire, floppy and casual when he bopped up and took our leash. But watching it back on video, not really that much. ??? There were some women laughing close to Kevin, but not really that loud.

I have no clue. ???

Connie and "The Boys":

Henery,

Thanks for your post. Seriously! Mom is laughing now! That's good, because she has had a very scary face on ever since I did that!

I think you rock too Henery. You should definitely try that move! It was funny how everything got reeeeeally quiet when I did that. I could tell I really got everyone's attention!

Love,

Angus

Connie and "The Boys":

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry but I just had to chuckle. I know it must have been frustrating and Angus just bolted for no apparent reason so who knows. But the visual of the whole episode made me chuckle a bit...

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Oh, Angus. Stage fright?
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

Oh Angus! You are just TOO BAD!!!!! That is one way to keep mom on her toes though. ;D

Hmmm

First Henery disappoints and isgusts me with his dead squirrel eating antics - honestly did he expect me to smooch with him at prom if he eats dead squirrels - PLLLLEEEASE

And now you Angus - was it a pretty little thing that distracted you - you know - the love at first sight thing and you were afraid if you didn;t go right after her you might lose her forever - or was it something - something even more hideous.

Honestly - what is a furry princess going to do with the likes of you and Henery.

Hmmph

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Connie, he just felt you hadn't been sufficiently embarrassed lately. You would think that's their main purpose in life. LOL Oh, and NEVER, NEVER, EVER say that a course is easy. They will prove to you that it's only easy in your head. LOL LOL

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast