Just Labradors banner

You know you have a lab when:

1K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  soulmindfist 
#1 ·
OK add your own accommodation you have made for or because of your lab:

1. Today I planted a new herb garden in my front yard because Cinnamon likes to munch and piddle in the one in the backyard. (planted in a flower box to avoid the dogs that run loose).

2. I also bought a new leather couch for the family room because I am tired of the sheet on the cloth one. The old one will be shampooed well after it gets to my BR's house beaus they only have indoor cats it should stay clean.

#2 ·
I wrenched my back and torqued my hip out of place moving seats in and out of minivans for Shadow.

Shadow had a hard time squeezing between the two captain's chairs in the middle to get to the back seat, so we took out the one behind the driver. When we traded the old Windstar in for the new Sedona, I hauled the seat out of the garage and threw it into the Windstar. When I got the Sedona home, before we went to see Bill in Louisville, I took the seat out of the Sedona. Then we drove six hours there and another six back. :-\ I could barely walk for weeks.

#8 ·
Home every day at lunch to let the dogs out for potty breaks.

Chewed windowsill that we no longer bother trying to patch.

Trip-hazards in the form of dog toys all over the house, no matter how many times they get picked up and put away.

No more sleeping in on weekends.

Poop scrutiny.

The list goes on. But that's fine, it's worth it.

#12 ·
When your dog has a big huge grin and is running around happily you tackle her and frantically try and find out whats in her/his mouth before they swallow it.
You have towels by the door for dog feet.
If anything turns up missing you automatically assume the dog ate it and watch for it to reappear.

Kelly and Amber

#13 ·
You have the absolutely most filthy carpets and don't really mind anymore - it's just too much trouble to try to keep them clean.

The "mail table" is 2 boards set over the dog crate in the diningroom.

You get enthusiastic kisses everytime you enter the room, even if you have only been gone 5 minutes!

#15 ·
You get nervous and curious whenever it gets really quiet in the house bc you always come to find out your lab is into something they shouldn't be!
You have 4 hours max to run your errands bc you need to get back to get "someone" out to the potty/crate.
It is second nature to keep every door in your house closed.

#16 ·
When you go to mow the backyard and realize you have to pick up enough tennis balls to supply the US Open.

#17 ·
Your counters have never been so clutter free.
Your sneakers are fur lined.
You have to put the dog(Jake only) in the house, in order to wash anything with the hose.
You can't make your lunch for work, without two labs drooling all over the kitchen floor - honestly, this one is bad. I can not tear off a paper towel and walk over to the counter to make my lunch, without two labs following me.
You quit cleaning the windows in your vehicle. The guy at the oil change place has two labs and got tickled when I told him it was "snot art".
You hear your su hollering at the dogs to stop - the typical crotch greeting. I love this one!!

#18 ·
Kassa kept going over the wood pile so I made her a garden.
then a seat to sit on.

Walk around the house and think if only that bed, crate, box of toys, etc wasn't there my house would look so tidy.
You use a crate to rest your coffee cup on.

People come to the house and say "shhhhhh we are sorry hope we didn't wake the baby." what baby.? All the dog teddies, toys and gates across the doors.

You quickly hurry and eat your lunch while he is outside peeing or barking at the neighbours cat.

My best is. People say "Look at your lovely garden. Can we have a look/ smell the flowers" and you supply them with gum boots or say be careful I don't think there is poop, but you never know. Oh to be able to walk across the lawn and look at plants instead of looking for dog poop.

Build a shelf specially for things you don't want the dog to eat. i.e. your cookie while you make coffee.
List goes on.

None of us would be without them.

#19 ·
Your freezer space has been taken over by stuffed kongs!

You can't find matching socks because "she" has stolen and chewed holes in most of them.

Your favorite sweatshirt arm sleeves have puppy tooth holes in them.

You decorate your house in lab-colored tones so the dog hair will blend in. My rugs and furniture are in beige tones.

You're not grossed out anymore by dogs drooling a puddle at your feet while you're eating.

You're awakened every morning by a very special "morning kiss". The harder you're kissed directly relates to how bad the dog has to go out and how fast you must get your a$$ out of bed.

#22 ·
When you can never go to the bathroom alone ever again!!!!!!!!! Oh wait..there's more..When you never have to clean up under the one parrot cage he can get to!!!!! Ummmm...more..When you HAVE to keep everything but furniture OFF the floors, ie:shoes, slippers, dust bunnies, a piece of string, etc.
Jackie LOL

Apollopuppy said:
You put every single item out of reach and up off the floor, including phone chargers, shoes, heck somtimes even the chairs at the dinner table!

#25 ·
You just finish sweeping your hardwood floors and a big tumbleweed of dog hair comes floating accross!

#26 ·
you cant see thru your patio windows from the first two feet up because of nose prints

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.