*hurk* Henery ate a dead squirrel at the park this morning; danger of worms?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *hurk* Henery ate a dead squirrel at the park this morning; danger of worms?

Default*hurk* Henery ate a dead squirrel at the park this morning; danger of worms?

:-X

First, his cousin Riley rolled in it. Twice.

Henery ran over to investigate this wonderful thing that Riley was smearing all over himself. Then Henery decided it would make a tasty treat and down the hatch it went. Crunch crunch crunch. :-X

WHY??

I think I'm gonna :-X!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: *hurk* Henery ate a dead squirrel at the park this morning *hurk*

Mouth wash for Henery and avoid the doggie smooches for a while.

labby is offline Senior Member

Well guess he won't need any extra protein for a few days.

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ugh, I still feel queasy thinking about it!! The image of a squirrel tail dangling out of his mouth while hearing squirrel bones crunching is not about to leave my mind anytime soon.

You know what I worry about?? Worms and maggots! Ugh. :-X Thank god it's not hot here yet.

It should pass okay, do you think??

Karon, as soon as we got home, I got out his toothbrush and toothpaste and went to town.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

:-X :-\
    Sophie killed one of the mice that have been driving me nuts this year... hopefully the rest of them will take a hint and move on (they seem to be trap savvy). She nicely laid it on the sofa and waited for me to notice.. didn't have a mark on poor mousie, so she's a 'tidy' killer at least...

Good catch, Soph!! She just wanted to show you her prize.

Henery caught one last year, outside, as it raced across the sidewalk. In a flash he had it in his mouth and I heard it squeak rather indignantly. I think the sound startled him (don't know why it would, sounds like all his squeaky toys!), he dropped it, and it scurried off. I have no doubt he would have tried to down that too if he hadn't let go of it.

PS. Have you tried peanut butter on crackers in your traps?

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Eww!! :-X

It is funny how dogs can be selective with what dead critters they choose to eat. For example, if my dogs found a dead rabbit it would be down the hatch quicker than I could say 'leave it!!'. But if they find a dead bird or squirrel they will only roll in it.

Allie is offline Senior Member

Be careful....Ivy ate a rabbit that Teddy killed and it gave her tapeworm.
    Allie, Teddy (6), Emily (7), and Ivy (4)

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

If it's any consolation, Twinkle caught and ate a mouse a few months ago with no ill effects.

DefaultRe: *hurk* Henery ate a dead squirrel at the park this morning; danger of worms?

Ohhhh great.

One more thing to worry about with him... worms!

Will I know right away? What should I watch for? Should I be taking him in to the vet at all??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast