Recalls: Is it just me, or...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recalls: Is it just me, or...

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRecalls: Is it just me, or...

does it seem like this has been going on FOR-EV-ER? :

I can feel myself becoming a little numb to it all. Every time a new one is announced, it becomes a little less shocking. That's scary.

The more information is revealed, instead of becoming less confused, I am becoming more confused. I feel like I'm having trouble following it all to a logical conclusion. Every new wrinkle seems to take us further from an answer.

This latest bit about "food tampering" has really thrown me for a loop. If you can't trust the label anymore, how can we ever feel secure again?

I have heard report after report, and read list after list of this recall and that, but I have yet to hear anyone say anything firm about something that is actually being done to rectify the situation. It's like we're just floundering. > Bad news, bad news, bad news. I want someone to ride in on a white horse and say, "Never fear, I have arrived, and I am going to whip this town into shape!"

:-\

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Recalls: Is it just me, or...

I agree. I think it is about time somebody takes the bull by the horns and do something about this problem.

I have gotten to the point that I don't want to open a new bag of food for the dogs, and I am fearfull of treats for them. I am watching every day for more recalls just in case.

Somebody has to do something soon!!

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

I agree, I feed Sammi Diamond dry, natural chicken and rice. She has done great on it. I also know mainy others on it. Now that the canned food has had problems I am second guessing myself. I dont want to put my pup in danger, but what would you switch to. Seems everyday there is another food added. Why has it taken so long to get this under control???? It really does seem to be getting more out of control everyday! UGH!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

So far mine have been doing fine on their Iams dry food. I am just going to keep with it as long as it isn't recalled. I didn't let them have some treats today at a dog walk/run.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I have to agree,...... there needs to be MORE done that is going to rectify this mess...... everyday the first thing I do is look for any new foods added to the recall list.... it IS VERY scarey !! I don't really feel safe feeding my dogs !! If one company can tamper with a recipe, what makes everybody think that another one wouldn't ?? It just seems that's the way things are done these days !! It's a back stabbing business world out there..... anything to make more money, and the hell with the rest ! It frustrates me....

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Tanya is offline Senior Member

They are starting to look into if any HUMAN food was also contaminated.

I've read an article (just one so who knows how accurate it was) but it sounded like lots of companies were putting off saying anything until they were "sure". Even the initial warning came many days after they suspected something might be wrong. Meaning some dogs could have been saved if they had come out right away. I understand not wanting to cause uproar "just in case" but this caused more deaths than necessary
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

I thought you were going to post about training (recalls). :

FWIW, all 7 of mine are on regular Purina Dog Chow, have glowing coats, white teeth, regular stools, great activity levels, etc. etc. etc. I wouldn't change that for anything.

Seamus and Flynn

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I too get more and more confused with each new announcement. And wonder where will all this lead. Like Mishcasmom, I have gotten to where I do not want to open another bag. So far, he is doing well in the IAMS and some of their canned stuff is included, which I never use.

I just kind of hold my breath when I get a new bag of food.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya
    They are starting to look into if any HUMAN food was also contaminated.

I've read an article (just one so who knows how accurate it was) but it sounded like lots of companies were putting off saying anything until they were "sure". Even the initial warning came many days after they suspected something might be wrong. Meaning some dogs could have been saved if they had come out right away. I understand not wanting to cause uproar "just in case" but this caused more deaths than necessary
    some human food has been recalled, but not for the same reasons (yet) as the dog food.

i'm getting paranoid about buying food for my three kids too- i was even checking ingredients of my fish food wondering if something might be wrong w/ that too.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Hijack:

Hi Whitney! Look at Raine! Oh, she looks great. And so does Maximus! What a cutie pie!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast