Weekend Getaway

Thread: Weekend Getaway

DefaultWeekend Getaway

SU and I are looking to get away for a couple of days next weekend...We are looking for a place that we can go with Kallie that will have things for her to do too!! I don't want to leave her in a hotel all day...We live on Long Island in New York...We are okay with driving a few hours to get there..Any one have any ideas? I was searching the internet and it seems that Washington DC is very pet friendly..Has anyone taken their dog(s) to DC...
    Thanks in advance.
    Kim

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Weekend Getaway

It depends on your interests. The Adirondack region has many pet friendly accomodations. If you are interested in outdoor activities. The Lake Placid area is a nice base to operate from. They have great hotels and restaurants and are dog friendly. Many hotels discourage leaving dogs in their rooms unattended and I would check with them first. If you need sometime to do things where dogs aren't welcomed,there are doggie daycare centers nearby. I haven't used the daycare services as we primarily hike when we go there.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.