Recall Info from Itchmo, info about ingredients
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recall Info from Itchmo, info about ingredients

DefaultRecall Info from Itchmo, info about ingredients

www.itchmo.com

Recall Update: Friday
    April 27th, 2007
    Yesterday, we saw several recalls that should have been announced more than a week ago. The FDA continued to be in the dark, and pets and people are left to fend for ourselves.

We write this update with a heavy heart. Itchmo suggested avoiding rice protein — what we didn’t know was that many ingredient lists were misleading. The ingredient labels did not list rice protein. In fact, ingredient lists can no longer be trusted — leaving the consumer with little chance at avoiding high-risk ingredients.

(NEW) ChemNutra says Menu Foods got wheat gluten from more than one source.

Also, FDA says tainted food may have been imported as early as 2006. Why aren’t they sharing more information? What event took place in summer of 2006 that makes them suspect this?

Recalls Within the Last 24 Hours:

Blue Buffalo recalls all canned dog and cat food, plus treats.
    Natural Balance recalls more foods.
    Chicken Soup For the Pet Lover’s Soul recalled.
    Diamond pet food recalled. (See link above)
    Costco’s Kirkland brand canned food recalled.
    Lick Your Chops brand recalled. (See link above)
    Here are 2 Things You Can Do This Weekend:

Itchmo Forum members are organizing a postcard blitz for April 28.
    A march is being organized for April 28 in several cities.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Recall Info from Itchmo, info about ingredients

I just don't know WHAT to do ! I guess I'll pay the local slaughter house /meat market a visit...... but how do I know just what THOSE animals were fed ??

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

True...we thought holistic was at least "safe" also.

I hope some reforms and positive changes come from all of this. The more we enter into a global economy, the more risks there are for situations like this one, to occur.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rice protein concentrate isn't even listed as an ingredient on the Chicken Soup food. I compared the puppy formula to the adult formula and the ingredients are the same (slightly different order though) but neither lists RPC. Why did they only recall the puppy formula? I sent them an email but haven't received a reply. I will be calling them today. >

I know Lydia..it is maddening. Stop the games please and give us the information we want, need and deserve. NOW...not when your company feels like releasing it.

georgie is offline Senior Member

Every morning I check for new recalls. This is getting ridiculous. I keep feeding my ProPLan....but I worry I may see it on the list one day. I am getting to the point of being afraid to feed them any dog food. The poor girls already have no treats....only Cheerios & Fruit Loops!! :

I think the FDA & our government have really dragged their feet on this. >

Quote Originally Posted by 4yelloweyedogs
    I just don't know WHAT to do ! I guess I'll pay the local slaughter house /meat market a visit...... but how do I know just what THOSE animals were fed ??

Melissa
    Well avoid the pork products. at least 6 states have recalled pork because some of the tainted food was fed to pigs and then some of those pigs were slaughtered and some even made it into the human food chain..

Kelly and Amber

labby is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    Rice protein concentrate isn't even listed as an ingredient on the Chicken Soup food. I compared the puppy formula to the adult formula and the ingredients are the same (slightly different order though) but neither lists RPC. Why did they only recall the puppy formula? I sent them an email but haven't received a reply. I will be calling them today. >

Pay attention to the last sentence!!!!

Recall -- Firm Press Release

FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.
    Diamond Pet Food Withdraws Products in Response to American Nutrition Inc. Pet Food Recall

Diamond Pet Food Media Hotline
    (888) 207-6208

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- Meta, MO -- April 26, 2007 -- Because of the canned pet food recall initiated today by American Nutrition Inc., Diamond Pet Foods has announced it is withdrawing a limited number of canned products manufactured by American Nutrition. This action is limited to three specific canned products: Diamond Lamb & Rice Formula for Dogs 13 oz. cans, Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Kitten Formula 5.5 oz. cans, and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Puppy Formula 13 oz. cans.

Diamond Pet Foods is taking this voluntary action after learning the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) confirmed rice protein concentrate used by American Nutrition contained melamine, a substance not approved for use in food.

No other Diamond brand or Chicken Soup brand canned or dry pet food formulas are affected by the American Nutrition recall.

Diamond Pet Foods has not received any indication of quality or safety issues, including pet illness, with the three withdrawn products. However, because American Nutrition informed the company that these three specific products may include rice protein concentrate, Diamond Pet Foods felt this action was necessary for the protection of its customers and their pets.

It should be noted that the products being withdrawn were not formulated or labeled to contain rice protein concentrate. While the FDA is investigating this, current information indicates this error is a result of a manufacturing deviation by American Nutrition.

That's right kiddies. The label outside was not what was actually IN the food.

Laura

MickeysMom is offline Senior Member

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm going RAW. I'm heading to Pet Star and buying Praire Raw burgers, and getting some veggies and such to mix in. When the foods are clean again, I might go back, but I can't stand the thought that I could potentially lose Mickey if I continue to trust the FDA and his pet food manufacturer.

I want to see the responsible people's heads on a pike for this, but I also want to see real changes made in where we import foods from and how we test them.
    WooT!<br /><br /><br />He made it too! <br />

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

I'm confused now. So does American Nutrition Inc manufacture some Diamond products? Do you guys get that from the article Labby posted?

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast