Do you think I can get my money back for Ranger?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think I can get my money back for Ranger?

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultDo you think I can get my money back for Ranger?

Of my three, he is the absolute worst retriever. The other two have the ball back to me while he is still thinking "Okay, there goes the ball. What am I supposed to do? Oh yeah, retrieve it. Aww, too late" When I toss a ball or piece of food in the air, Reggie and Blackie can grab it before it hits the ground, often gracefully pirouetting like a ballerina or a platform diver. Ranger, oh well, I just tossed a piece of food at him, he went for it, it bounced off his forehead, then he couldn't find it until I pointed it out. Par for the course. Ranger, Ranger, Ranger. It's a good thing, you're good looking.

Anyone else have a mediocre retriever?

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Do you think I can get my money back for Ranger?

HaaHaa....you wrote it in such a great way, I can picture him. ;D (bouncing off his forehead........)

Sometimes Tucker's gung-ho, other times lukewarm. Just today, in fact, after we got back from the pond swimming, he wasn't 'in' to retrieving his ball too much. The thought actually went through my mind at the time.....well, he didn't inherit his dad's drive (dad's a SH). But then, I'm not a world-reknowned trainer, either. ;D

Believe me, I did not embellish for effect. I'm surprised you couldn't hear the boink from here when it bounced off his forehead.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh yeah... he loves to get the ball, but has trained me well to retrieve it from him

Quote Originally Posted by Rangermom
    Believe me, I did not embellish for effect. I'm surprised you couldn't hear the boink from here when it bounced off his forehead.
    HAAHAA ;D

Quote Originally Posted by bearsdad
    Oh yeah... he loves to get the ball, but has trained me well to retrieve it from him
    Almost the same here! I can't get him to retrieve to my hand. He'll bring it back near, and drop it....then I go get it. I'm such a bad trainer ;D

You just described Tally perfectly!!!!

Mischa and I can play catch with a ball. With Tally, She looks at me with the "Fetch it?? Well...,Ah...., Oh, Too late, Mischa got it. Oh well, maybe next time " look.

Tally will run in the field in anticipation of a ball coming just to watch Mischa go get it and run back to me. She may or not follow Mischa as she is bringing the ball back

If I throw food in the air, both Mischa and Copper will catch it, but Tally lets it bounce off her head, fall to the ground and by the time she finds it one of the others have eaten the food.

She may have retriever in her blood, but someone forgot to let her in on it!!! LOL

lol..maybe he's like Autumn..she thinks retrieving is stupid..really she retrieved once..I threw it again and she stood next to me, looked up as if to say "what the hell did you do that for I just brought it back?"..never retrieved again. lol corse I'm not convinced she has any retrieve in her.

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

Boomer is SO hit and miss. I have learned not to throw his bumper into Lake Michigan until I know the water is warm, in case I have to go in and get it myself (which happens often). He loves to retrieve, if there's nothing better to do. People, birds, fish, food, etc. seem to be far more interesting.

maybe he's like Autumn..she thinks retrieving is stupid..really she retrieved once
    Actually he seems more confused than anything. I think he is concentrating too much on what the other dogs are doing, in addition to me throwing the ball. By the time he figures it out it's too late.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast