Fur Coat Now....No Blowing of Coat

Thread: Fur Coat Now....No Blowing of Coat

BlackLabJax is offline Senior Member

DefaultFur Coat Now....No Blowing of Coat

Jax is 21 months...I have yet to see him blow his coat. He doesn't shed much either. Now in the last two months he has deveoped a THICK coat right below his neck. I have never seen this on a Lab before. Is this normal. It's getting real warm now and the poor thing has this tick mane like a lion around his neck. He is a purebred lab from a very reputable breeder but this month people are asking me "is he a mix?"

This is what it looks like.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...heFurCoat2.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Fur Coat Now....No Blowing of Coat

No shedding? Lucky you.

WigWag Guest

That's a Beechcroft coat if I ever saw one. Here's Clint's "mane".

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jax coat used to look just like Clint's..but it's that new bunch of fur that's growing straight up right behind his neck that just amazes me. It's entirely different than the rest of the "mane". You can see it in my signature picture probably best.

MumtoEllie is offline Senior Member

I think it is beautiful. He is a very handsome guy and who cares if other people think he is a mix?

Count your blessings that he doesn't shed much. If you would like, I can send you some Ellie hair so you won't feel left out. ;D

Oh it is beautiful and I don't care what people say...and here in New York City they do say the dumbest things about Jax's look which is definitely a "type". Trust me....I am thrilled he doesn't shed. I had a Lab before who was a huge shedder. I guess my question was to whether because he isn't a shedder and he has such a beautiful, thick coat...will he blow his coat? I sweat looking at him with all that fur and the hot days are coming. He didn't blow his coat last year.

deezeldog Guest

Mu chocolate had longer wavy hair along his back when he was about 6 months old. I gave him a thorough brushing around then (we had just gotten him at 6 months) and the longer wavy hair all came out with the brushing and the remaining coat is short, glossy and straight! He also is a minimal shedder.

My neighbor has a yellow from whom you could build a whole new dog once a week with the hair he sheds. I feel BLESSED!