Last night Allie came very close to eating a hornet. What do you do when your dog actually catches and eats a bee, I assume they can get stung when eating it. Just trying to prepare for the inevitable situation ahead
Hmmm, maybe my remedies book at home will have some info regarding this, guess I will check there.
You rush them to the emergency vet!
My boyfriend's brother has a miniature dachsund that ate a bee, and he almost died!
Baloo - 5 year old black lab
Peanut - 7 year old minpin
Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
Give Tiller Benedryl RIGHT away as he is allergic to bees.
Zoe is allergic to bees.
Benadryl (2) and she also has an epipen just in case. I had to take her to the vet twice already.
Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
Good to know, we already have benedryl on hand and of course the emergency vet number handy. Thanks for your tips
Just be sure it is the Benadryl allergy and NOT Benadryl DOriginally Posted by alliekate
Dogs also metabolize differently that we do and should be given 1mg per pound. Therefore, I end up giving Tiller 3 Benedryl.
Ginger eats bees all the time...... I call her my "bee slayer"...... she has this wierd way of smacking her jaws together.....you can hear it...... she must mash the bee sort of.... she makes them mad, usually it is a wasp....... but she wins out in the end, she never yelps like she was stung, and she will always eat them after she kills them........
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
I had a dog as a kid who adored bees. If you swatted them first, she wouldn't eat them. She had to catch them herself. I'm sure she was stung once or twice and never had a problem.