How many hours do your dog(s) let you sleep?

View Poll Results: How long can you sleep before they bug you enough to make you get up?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • <5 hrs

1 2.22%
  • 5-7 hrs

17 37.78%
  • 8-10 hrs

25 55.56%
  • 10+ hrs

2 4.44%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many hours do your dog(s) let you sleep?

DefaultHow many hours do your dog(s) let you sleep?

Just curious about your pups. Mine pretty much get up with the sun. As soon as it gets light in the room they won't stop whinning and pawing at me, and of course there is bitey face going on. Of course it doesn't matter to them if we went to bed at 9:00 pm or 1:00 am. Maybe I need to black out my windows, ha ha ha Also let me know if your dogs sleep in the bed with you as I am curious if that makes a difference.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: How many hours do your dog(s) let you sleep?

Mine's up at 6:00 am (the clock's set for 6:15). Yes, he sleeps in the bed, but jumps off, and stands by my side, starting a low whine, then louder, while backing up, to let me know.....HEY, IT'S BREAKFAST TIME! :

Forgot to add...I get 7-8 hours sleep a night, depending on what time I get to bed.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Mine sleep downstairs with the doors shut so they don't have a chance to wake me. I only sleep around 6-7 hours a night though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Anne is offline Senior Member

Our guys go to sleep and get up when we do. I guess we are pretty lucky?

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

My dogs are fine ,it's my aging bladder that wakes me up. I normally sleep 7 hours and never sleep in on the weekends. My girls can hear when my eyelids open, so the minute I wake they're up.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Aidan is our early riser here he wants out at 5:30AM no matter what time he goes to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by WeHeartLabs

Aidan is our early riser here he wants out at 5:30AM no matter what time he goes to bed.
    Same with Gabs.

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

We have (mostly) trained ours to get up when the alarm goes off. It took many early mornings of ignoring very annoying whining, but eventually they got the hint that no one was going to get up until the alarm went off. Once it goes off, however, all hell breaks loose in the bedroom!
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Lexi normally goes 8 or so hours. As for her getting up, it is usually when the alarm goes off, though the exception to this is the weekends when she normally wakes me between 6:00 & 6:30 to go out.

She sleeps on a dog bed by my bed. She's never shown any interest in wanting to be in my bed, except when I am making it. Then she gets up to roll around on it to mess it up some.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Merlot_1 Guest

At exactly 5:22 A.M. Merlot starts barking and won't shut up til I let him out of his crate. Of course this also wakes up Zoey, so she will whine softly, but not bark. If I go to bed at 9:30 I get 8 hours of sleep, but I usually go to bed at Midnight, so I only get 5 hours a night most of the time >

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast