Have You Ever Been So Tired That.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have You Ever Been So Tired That....

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Have You Ever Been So Tired That....

My girls might start out sleeping on the bed, but I don't think they stay there very long. Every morning I find them on the floor or downstairs. I don't think they are crazy about sleeping on the bed. I sleep fairly sound, but I awake instantly when I hear a hurk starting. I am puke conditioned.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

EWWWWW!
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Nope, can't say I have ever done that. The dogs don't sleep on the bed.

I do miss the days of Zodian though, for more than this reason. One time when he was young, Zodian went to throw up beside me. I was just putting away groceries and I had an empty bag so I slipped it under his muzzle and he threw up into the bag. After that he was hooked and everytime he needed to throw up he would start gagging and then get this panicked look on his face as he made his way to where we kept the empty grocery bags. He would hold it in until we were able to free the bag and place it under his face. Clean up was easy but you know you love your dog when you hold a puke bag for them.

Charity, my rescued German Shephard adopted this habit from Zodian and she was devastated near the end of her life when she couldn't hold it until I could get a puke bag. She threw up a lot near the end.

I don't know why they both remembered the puke bag because, except for Charity at the end, they didn't throw up all that often.

Indi and Petey won't have anything to do with the Puke bag idea and prefer to throw up on the carpet. :

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Caseys Mom Guest

I could sleep through upchuck on the floor but upchuck on the bed right next to me would get me up for sure! LOL

kym

How bout when you are so tired that when the cat pukes you don't really mind because "you know who" will come along and clean it up for you :-\

I've never had to make that choice, thank God. I have thrown a towel over baby puke and gone back to sleep though.

Actually, I've been so tired and so sick that I see myself doing the same thing.
    All I can think is "yuk".
    :P

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kym
    How bout when you are so tired that when the cat pukes you don't really mind because "you know who" will come along and clean it up for you :-\
    Gee, I don't have to be tired for that trick. Buddy is my resident puke cleanerupperer. He comes running whenever he hears the cat starting to hurl. LOL

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CindersMyGirl
    I've never had to make that choice, thank God. I have thrown a towel over baby puke and gone back to sleep though.
    I've been so tired that I just moved the baby to the other end of the crib until the next morning. You notice I wasn't in the bed with the baby. I can't stand the thought of getting puke on me. I could not stay in the bed with it. Walt said the funniest thing he ever saw was the time we were at the BILs sleeping on a water bed. Elizabeth was sleeping on my chest. She must have gotten sea sick. She threw up just like Linda said -- no sound, no nuttin'. I sat straight up in bed and was trying to get the child and my clothes off me without getting anymore puke on me. It was awful. It's a wonder I didn't start puking.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

ummm no...I'm wide awake whenever there is puking involved.

Quote Originally Posted by buddysmom
    I sat straight up in bed and was trying to get the child and my clothes off me without getting anymore puke on me. It was awful. It's a wonder I didn't start puking.
    Hehehe. SU has a quesy stomach around puke. I have lots of funny stories involving him and puke but the funniest story happened when our daughter was really little. She was not feeling well (had a fever) so she climbed into bed with us one night. Anyway, SU always sleeps on his back...still does (he's not the quickest learner ). Well my daughter got sick in the middle of the night and as she tried to get up she threw up IN my soundly sleeping/snoring SUs mouth. All I heard was him gagging. I switched on the light and immediately realized what had happend. I never laughed so hard in my life. It's always funnier when it isn't happening to you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast