Just Labradors banner

Sunday mornings and hope

2K views 34 replies 33 participants last post by  Paola 
#1 ·
I have always loved early Sunday mornings. Waking to the sounds of the birds, not having to rush anywhere, being able to sit and sip a cup of tea, and a black Lab nose bumping my arm as I try to type this message. ;D Another day, a little bit stronger. Thank You, Lord. :angel: I have hope now that Shadow is going to make it. We went out at 8:30 pm, 10:01 pm, 11:10 pm, 1:12 am, 3:55 am, and 5:54 am. Does not make for a good night's sleep, but I am so glad that was was there to wake me up!

She was very ready for her breakfast, and tried to lick the shine off her stainless steel bowl when she finished. Still have to keep her meals small and not give her extra because her stomach and intestines were irritated on Friday when she was xrayed, and her belly was very full. So, instead of extra apples and green beans, she gets an occasional cookie. She pooped four times yesterday compared to her usual two times, so I am hoping that cleared out what was in her belly and intestines. It's also a normal color now. :)

Thank you all very, VERY much for your prayers and good thoughts. THEY DO WORK! ;D

#10 ·
So glad to hear about this morning! ;D It's going to be a beautiful day, isn't it? Give that girl a special hug from me!

#11 ·
That is very good news Jackie. I have had Shadow in my thoughts a lot these last few days.

#12 ·
AmazonGold said:
I have always loved early Sunday mornings. Waking to the sounds of the birds, not having to rush anywhere, being able to sit and sip a cup of tea, and a black Lab nose bumping my arm as I try to type this message. ;D Another day, a little bit stronger. Thank You, Lord. :angel: I have hope now that Shadow is going to make it. We went out at 8:30 pm, 10:01 pm, 11:10 pm, 1:12 am, 3:55 am, and 5:54 am. Does not make for a good night's sleep, but I am so glad that was was there to wake me up!

She was very ready for her breakfast, and tried to lick the shine off her stainless steel bowl when she finished. Still have to keep her meals small and not give her extra because her stomach and intestines were irritated on Friday when she was xrayed, and her belly was very full. So, instead of extra apples and green beans, she gets an occasional cookie. She pooped four times yesterday compared to her usual two times, so I am hoping that cleared out what was in her belly and intestines. It's also a normal color now. :)

Thank you all very, VERY much for your prayers and good thoughts. THEY DO WORK! ;D
Keep it up Shadow

Good Girl

#22 ·
Thank you all. While I had Shadow out for a(nother) potty break and was talking to Bill on the phone, she saw the newspapers by the mailbox and her tail started wagging. That is her favorite job, to bring in the paper Sunday mornings. Bill didn't think it would be good for her to lug the whole thing in, though. So, we walked to the mail box and I took a small section out and gave that to her to carry, while I took the rest. She wanted it all, but finally consented to just bring the piece she had. I swear it added a little extra wave to her tail as she walked back to the house, paper in mouth. :) In another couple of weeks, she'll be running out to get it again, and hauling butt back just as fast as she can!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.