Just Labradors banner

My Girl

2K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  allthatjazz 
#1 ·
My girl Piper, what a wonderful ambassador to the breed she is. Piper is in training to assist me with the R.E.A.D. program at our small town's newly opened public library. This has long been a dream of mine...but that is another story for another day.

Today is the state Special Olympics. Thought I would bring Piper along to see how she did with the crowds. Plus, she did double duty-cheering on her "uncle" Dave as he was competing as well!

Piper was amazing. Truly, truly amazing. She used her soft paws, gave 'baby kisses', didn't jump (even when she really wanted to!) She weaved her way in and around the throngs of people, healing on a loose lead. She sat politely to meet new people--loads, and loads of new people! There was that one embarrassing bowel movement incident. But, we can't be completely perfect, can we?

Everyone loved her. Kids and adults flocked to her. I am so very proud of my little girl. Believe me when I say this--she has come a looonnngg way!

It was hard to get pictures of her as she was continually surrounded by people giving her loads of loving. I was able to snap a few.

Typical scene-

Making an excellent choice to not jump up.

Just hanging out with my nephew-

And, just because. A picture of the true star from today, my handsome brother David, winning the bronze for the shot put.

See less See more
#8 ·
Awww, what a sweetie....You'll love the library program too...My chocolate, Jobe, does Tail Waggin Tutors for TDI.... Its our favorite place to visit!!!!

#13 ·
Your story and the pictures brought tears to my eyes. Anne, thank you and Piper for 'giving back' in such a loving and thoughtful way. Congratualtions to your brother too. It seems everyone was a winner! :D

I would like you tips to achieve the 'no jumping' behavior too. Abbey and Coco are almost 8 months now and it is a never ending battle, especially if they get excited. It is like they can't control the urge. :)

Wonderful pictures and keep up with outreach programs.
Blessings to all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.