Have you ever seen anything like this? UPDATE WITH AN ANSWER

Thread: Have you ever seen anything like this? UPDATE WITH AN ANSWER

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

DefaultHave you ever seen anything like this? UPDATE WITH AN ANSWER

UPDATE
    We have found the answer do to a very good internet sleuth.

From the Merck Manual Online

What are persistent pupillary membranes (PPM)?

Persistent pupillary membranes are strands of tissue in the eye. They are remnants of blood vessels which supplied nutrients to the developing lens of the eye before birth. Normally these strands are gone by 4 or 5 weeks of age.

Depending upon the location and extent of these strands, they may interfere with vision. They may bridge from iris to iris across the pupil, iris to cornea (may cause corneal opacities), or iris to lens (may cause cataracts), or they may form sheets of tissue in the anterior chamber of the eye. In many dogs these tissue remnants cause no problems.

Gypsy came in today from Kentuky. She is a chessie that was in the pound donw there and is going to NY CBR Rescue tomorrow. The driver that brought her to me ask if I knew about the bullet in her eye. I said WHAT!!!

I have to agree, it sure looks like a BB to me, but the cracks coming out from it is weird. The eye is too soft for it to have cracks like that. She seems to be able to see perfectly well on that side and the eye does not have any scaring on it. It is smooth. Wondering if anyone has seen anything like this and if it might be a cyst or tumor?

She has had a rough life. She is missing several teeth and a few are broken. The driver said she was "Beat Around" by her former owner. Still, she is happy and just wanted to snuggle. Sandie already has an appointment at Cornell for her next week. She will be in the best of care in NY!
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Have you ever seen anything like this?

that is very strange and makes me think of a broken glass eye :-\

She looks very sweet and it is heartbreaking to think she had a hard life
    Kim

lablover is offline Senior Member

I have a horse that has an eye that looks some what like that. She poked her eye with a stick. Kolleen's eye is just a little more cloudy in the center of the injury.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Poor girl. I'm glad you got her Joe.

ILoveBuddy is offline Senior Member

My Shadow is a 9 yr old CBR male and I love him to death! How could anyone have done that to her? Maybe she poked it on something. She is a beautiful Chessie girl! I hope she finds a forever family soon.

DefaultRe: Have you ever seen anything like this? UPDATE WITH AN ANSWER

She's adorable Joe, I'm glad you found your answer and it doesn't seem to bother her much I hope that stays the case. I hope she finds a forever home soon :-*

DefaultRe: Have you ever seen anything like this? UPDATE WITH AN ANSWER

Glad you found the answer and that it doesn't bother her at all. She is a beauty, hopefully she finds her forever home soon.....