Having Ranger checked out today.. Suggestions?

Thread: Having Ranger checked out today.. Suggestions?

DefaultHaving Ranger checked out today.. Suggestions?

Please send positive thoughts our way today. I took in Ranger's urine sample to the vet today. If he drinks a lot of water at once, he has to urinate about every 15 minutes for an hour or so. My vet said that it isn't normal. So, we decided to do a complete Urinalysis to rule out there being a health issue. I am hoping it is just him being a puppy ;D

My vet already called. His urine is very diluted. And he saw a few white blood cells. Sorry, I know nothing about this stuff. Just trying to write what I remember him saying. Has me scared on something being more serious. Anyway, he wants to try a round of antibiotics to see if that helps before we do the next step which he said is very time consuming and takes a lot of measuring. Please keep Ranger in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks.

???Question??? Has anybody had to take their pup to the vet for frequent urination after drinking a lot of water? My vet thinks my pup may have a kidney infection, so we are trying antibiotics first. His urine is very diluted and there are a few white blood cells. Has anybody else had this happen and what was the diagnosis from the vet? Was the problem resolved. I'm just very worried about my little guy. He is acting totally normal except for the frequent urination after drinking alot of water.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

my2labs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Having Ranger checked out today..

hope everything turns out alright. let us know what they find out.

Sam 9-27-07

Mojo 7-6-12

MickeysMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Having Ranger checked out today.. UPDATE..

Sending positive vibes your way.
    WooT!<br /><br /><br />He made it too! <br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Having Ranger checked out today.. Suggestions?

Thanks. My vet told me he should be better by the weekend if the antibiotic is going to work. I'm to call my vet back on Monday. Please keep Ranger in your thoughts and prayers. He's still acting totally normal except for the thirst and frequent urination.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Sending good thoughts for Ranger.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Jen

Did they do a full urine culture?

I had to take Neo in last week because I suspected he had a UTI. He was urinating in the house which was unusual and was drinking more than normal.

They did a urine sample and found white blood cells and bacteria that was rod shaped (or maybe the white blood cells were rod shaped). He was put on antibiotics and he finally fully emptied his bladder 24 hours later. They asked if we should do the culture which takes several days to find the cause and it turned out that he has E-Coli from when he had a poopsicle and his mouth was not fully healed from when his tooth was removed.

So you should see improvements within a day or two of being on the antibiotics. Evidently not all antibiotics will treat every kind of UTI though.

Hi Jen. My vet only found some white blood cells in his urine and it was very diluted. He did a complete urinalysis. He has not done a culture though. Our next step is to measure his water intake and how much her urinates. But, that is only if the antibiotics don't clear him up. I'm glad Neo is feeling better.