Need advise with Zoey

Thread: Need advise with Zoey

1scottie2labbies is offline Senior Member

DefaultNeed advise with Zoey

Since we started dog school she has turned evil in her stealing of things. I say evil because she ate my mom's coat. Yes the coat was in her reach. It was never and issue before. She plays outside we go for long walks in the fields she runs on her leash Horses lunge line so she can run and I do not lose her to chasing a deer or rabbit. Swims till I make her stop because I'm scared she going to drown from too may retrieves. Granted some days she does not get as much outside time. But the "evil thiefing Zoey" just started, she has torn up stuffed toys that were decorations Shmarok teddy winter Eyore that have been out since I got her. I swear this girl is so smart she is a step away from using tools. Shs is back in her crate when we are not home. At night she is fine with freedom of the house. She has always been very skilled at stealing food items we just work around that No food in her reach. Why is she destruction happy now. I'm not sure what to do with her. I'm in my room on the computer she is in the living room and she is being good girl. If I were to leave the house even to the basement to do laundry something of mine is going to bite it. I hate the fact she is in her crate again, she does not mind though and since I only work the weekends it is a crossover time of maybe 5 hours. She may come to work with me because Mom is going to visit faily for Easter and 12 hour that I'm at work is too long. I have no idea what to do with her. Could she have seperation anxiety even though it was never a problem before?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Need advise with Zoey

How old is she? I don't think starting dog school has anything to do with it. I'd say, crate her when you can't watch her, or be sure she can't get at anything you don't want destroyed. It's just a Lab fact of life

kaytris is offline Senior Member

crate her or tether her to you. A lot of adolescent dogs ramp up their destructiveness (right, Sophie?).. combination of teenage hormones and increased stamina.. supervise or contain and you will get through this..

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

She is 2 will be 3 in Oct. I know they chew even though Mom was mad about the coat she could not be mad at Zoey. We know she has a thing for socks and quite a pantie fetish. So the jacket was asking for it laying on the couch like that. Zoey is a working fool I'm not sure how to appraoch this she needs a job. That may sound silly but loves going to school and the trainer loves her Zoey will stand on her head for any tyoe of reward. I would think the exercise was enough, but I must find away to channel this drive to create her own form of entertaiment. Anyone have a job one black female labrador: willing to do anything for treats. She even will bring all your dishes into the lining room one ata time un harmed. She is a great incentive to not let the dishes sit too long.

uh oh are we hitting the teenage years late in life. I got her Nov 15th 2005 and she had just turned a year 10/23/05. Except for the temptation of food she is good while we are in the house with her. Its when we are not home which never bothered her before.

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Your descriptions of her antics are so funny! Especially the one about the dishes not being left for long!! I think her behavior is very typical teenage lab behavior. They don't really calm down very much until maybe 5 or 6 years old, and some not even then!! My boys know right from wrong, yet if they want my attention they will steal and "tug" things they know are not allowed, yet when we're away from home, everything is left in perfect order. Go figure!

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Too cute! there are plenty of jobs she can do.. help you sort laundry, pick up her toys or the kids toys, the possibilities are endless.

In the name of all things Holy NOT the laundry!