And so it begins....

Thread: And so it begins....

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnd so it begins....

..........................shedding season (crying and rocking slowly) :'( :'( :'(. I live in the mountains and it stays colder here longer then in other places, so shedding season hits a little later. Apollo is freaking molting!!! Hair EVERYWHERE!!! Now one dog isn't that bad, but I have 10 animals that are all about to simaultaneously blow their coats. And our premium vacuum just broke because it got clogged with hair and pretty much exploded! Now all we have is a cheap vacuum from walmart. Luckily I picked up a zoom groom today and I must say, I LOVE it. I think I'm gunna vacuum apollo. He is the first one to start SUPER shedding. I am not looking forward to 3 cats and 6 weasels "molting" in my house. I have to take the ferrets outside, hold them over a trash can and pluck their dead fur out like i'm pluckin a chicken lol!!!

With all this fur I worry about hairballs. The cats and the ferrets get a hairball laxative, but I wonder....should apollo get one too? I know that sounds nuts, but he's always grooming himself. Can a dog's stomach handle a hairball? Or should I add olive oil to his dog food to make sure he doesn't barf up a hairball too? Do dogs get hairballs? lol my dog-ignorance is showing. Oh well, I don't care. I just want all the info I can get so I can be the best pet parent I can be. Im not afraid to look like an idiot, lol.
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: And so it begins....

I've never had a dog have a problem with the hair.

You have 6 ferrets?!?!? The most we ever had were 2 at a time.

lol...yup...i've got six. If you wanna see pics/stories about em check out the "betcha didn't know" thread.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Der

Rogie started blowing his coat about 10 days ago. It is bad. Was wearing a black shirt and gave him a hug today and came up covered in fur.

lol. Apollo's black fur is all over the tan seats in our car. Wanna trade dogs? lol j/k of course

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Yes, black is my color of choice this time of year. ;D

And to think ... I have non-dog-loving in-laws arriving today. Argh!