Anyone else have a killer lab? (a hunter that is?)

Thread: Anyone else have a killer lab? (a hunter that is?)

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnyone else have a killer lab? (a hunter that is?)

I can trust Yeller with anything in our yard - baby bunnies, birds, strange cats, whatever, she'll only lick it to death as opposed to try to eat it. Abby on the other hand, whoa boy! She's a killer through and through. She eats baby birds, baby bunnies, whatever crosses her path, she tries to kill and eat. It's kinda crazy actually. The transformation of her sweet cute lil self, into this ruthless killer just totally amazes me.

It also amazes me how one dog can be so sweet and gentle all the time, yet another one can be sooooo sweet, yet such a ruthless murderer at another.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labz4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Anyone else have a killer lab? (a hunter that is?)

Jack and Abby aren't killer labs, but they do love to chase squirrels! The only thing Abby has killed is every stuffed animal she's ever had. :-\

But Chloe, my Westie, attacked and killed a bird once! Yuck!
    Pat from S.E. Pa
    Abby - CGC
    Jack - OCP (official couch potato)

lablover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Anyone else have a killer lab? (a hunter that is?)

Fudge got a raccoon this week on our morning walk!! I did not see the coon before Fudge had him. Once I told Fudge to back off he did. Both dogs sat there beside me as the coon fell back into the water where it drown. I think Fudge broke it back, or the coon was sick in the first place. Fudge did get it out of the water for me and I got rid of it.

He has gotten 2 ground hogs and a couple of muskrats before. Please remember, we live in the county. The only time the dogs are loose on our property is with when we are out with them. They do have a large fence in back yard when we are not doing something on the property. He has been one of the best "farm dogs" we have every had.

Nutmeg is into hunting snakes and shrews in the fields. That can keep her busy all day.