Velcro Lab
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Velcro Lab

Jade65 is offline Member

DefaultVelcro Lab

My Mercedes is almost 5 yrs old and as of lately she seems to be really attached to me 24/7,,I love dearly but I almost step on her because she stays to close to me..like when i am cooking or doing dishes she is lying down right at my heels...had a check up when i got her rabies booster last month and she checked out fine.I am a widow so we are the only ones is the house. She was always a very hyper dog from day one and still is. When I have company over she has to always have something in her mouth and carries it around the whole time they are here. When I leave to do errands, etc she goes right to her crate and goes to sleep..when I return sometime she greets me and then goes back in the crate to sleep again!!! eats good , bowel and pee normal..what can be the problem if there is one? I love her to be by me but just worry that something is wrong and not being addressed.
    Last edited by Jade65; 06-01-2009 at 11:14 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kelli is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure i see the problem.. underfoot, happy, eats, poops, sleeps.. yep.. you have a lab =)

kelli, tucker and koda

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelli View Post
    I'm not sure i see the problem.. underfoot, happy, eats, poops, sleeps.. yep.. you have a lab =)
    Hehe, what Kelli said!! Except Sammi avoids poop at all cost, even her own!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelli View Post
    I concur.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Since her eating, pottying, etc. is normal I don't think I would be worried. Has something changed with you recently? Are you home more (or less)? Did you recently return from a trip? If those things have stayed consistent, then maybe she is just mellowing a little as she gets older.

I have a 16 month old velco dog. He follows me everywhere except the bathroom (where he lays outside the door until I come out).
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

You think that's bad ...try a Golden

Jade65 is offline Member

Now I am relieved i just have a normal lab...she is my first one....i was just concerned about her having a health problem. thank you

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Since she's not a puppy this is not a real problem - but I've found if they're not velcro'd to me it means they're off getting into something they shouldn't be.....

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

Aren´t all labs like that? My Brownie used to be like that, lying right beside me. If I moved two steps, she moved two steps also. Homer is just the way you describe your dog also. He´s always lying besides me. As long as they don´t start having separation anxiety (which poor Brownie did develop after my other dogs passed away) then I say it´s just normal lab behavior.

They are lap dogs! or at least that´s what they think

LuckyGirl is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoatDog View Post
    Since she's not a puppy this is not a real problem - but I've found if they're not velcro'd to me it means they're off getting into something they shouldn't be.....
    MOST DEFINATELY.

All three of mine are velcro...try pottying with THREE in a small bathroom.

Just a lab thing...
    Nothing cures a bad mood like a Labrador ... or more in your lap!

Happy 15, Emma 8. RIP Lucky September 6, 2005 - June 7 2013 Sam-Wise March 11, 2006 - May 11, 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast