Marley and Me
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marley and Me

Mybabymambo Guest

DefaultMarley and Me

I just started to read this. I wanted to wait. But I caved and started reading last night.

As many of you who have already read this, I feel like when he is describing Marley as a puppy. He is truly talking about Mambo. I was surprised to see Marley does the Marley Mambo. Mambo does the Mambo Mambo..lol. OK. I just wrote his name way to many times. I stopped at chapter 6. But I had already laughed and cried. So far I love this book.

Reading this makes me feel Mambo isn't the only Hyper, high energy, clumsy non listening dog.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Marley and Me

I have heard a lot of Lab owners say that they wish they had got in there before John Grogan...heck, I'd be rolling in cash if I sold similar stories of my Labs wrong doings! I'm sure we all would.

I read the book over a year ago but yes, I really enjoyed it.

kjustiss Guest

Fun book! I laughed out loud quite a few times! ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Read it last year. When I got to the end, I had to stop every few seconds to sob. Grogan is a great writer. BTW I hear a movie is in the works.

chocco_23 Guest

I love this book, it is the only book that i have laughed so hard at, but also cried so hard at.  But it is well worth that read, it is my fav book.

Quote Originally Posted by peanutsdad
    Read it last year.  When I got to the end, I had to stop every few seconds to sob.  Grogan is a great writer.  BTW I hear a movie is in the works.
    A movie??  Somehow i don't think the movie will be as good as the book.  Good job finding a yellow lab that is as crazy as Marley but also excellently well trained.  Somehow that combonation doesn't go to well. lol ;D

Jade63 is offline Senior Member

My favorite book, I recommend it to everyone who owns a pet. My neighbor told me John Grogan had to call Ceaser Milan for his new Lab Gracy, Iguess she had some issues. I donot get the channel that The Dog Whisperer is on, but my neighbor taped it for me and Icannot wait to watch it .She told me his new Lab looks exactly like my Mercedes!!

Great book, I sure do see alot of marley in Ruger, lol. Movies are never as good as the book, but Im sure I would watch it anyways....

Dave_and_Christie Guest

Haven't read it yet but have heard all my dog owner friends raving about it. I had it in my hand at the book store and put it back after I almost started sobbing in the store after reading....the jacket! : I know, I'm a wuss. ;D But honestly, my emotions get waaay outta' control when it comes to dogs and of course Sadie. Just the description of the abnoxious and crazy but loving loyal Marley... and that's it, I'm tearing up. It's not just when things are bad or illness is involved with dogs, but it's almost worse when things are happy and loving. I'm pathetic. I don't know if I could make it through the book and still have any tear ducts left.
    I'll toughen it out someday soon. :-[

Manly Dave :

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I also read it a year or so ago. Some thing Tal does reminds me of Marley. I think all of them have a little Marley in them to one degree or another!

I thought it was a great read...I'd be really interested to see how they do a movie on it...

I've just recently purchased it and the mrs. thinks i have gone insane... so far the book is great cant wait to finish it. ;D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast