Half way there.....

Thread: Half way there.....

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultHalf way there.....

Today in class we did more heel work and about turns. Rowan is catching on pretty good we just need to practice more throughout the week. Today they introduced the sit/stay command. She did pretty good with only needing a couple corrections.

I can’t believe how quickly the time has gone. We have only 4 more classes left.

There are a few pitbull and pitbull/lab mixes in the class who are very 'nasty'.... I sure won't miss them. :-[
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Half way there.....

Attagirl Rowan! Keep up the good work!

I hear ya on the Pit Bull...there was only one in our class and after she got loose and wanted to fight she never came back. I think they probably didn't want her back...

I'm glad I am not alone.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Keep up the good work Rowan.

Way to go Rowan. Keep up the good work at school. One of these days I will have to post a picture of our Rowan for you. She is my cousin's daughter she is 4 years old and in pre-K. She has the cutest red hair.

I know how you feel about pit bulls I don't trust them at all as one chewed up my doxie/cocker mix about 30 years ago.

We have a family in the neighborhood that does pit bull rescue. I was walking Cinnamon in the park one night when he had a new one out walking. Well my Miss Happy Butt who loves the world wanted to say hello and I held her back. He assured me she was gentle. Well I was still not buying it and walked well clear of them. When Cinnamon got about 10 feet away the pit bull lunged and he barely held onto her. I picked Cinnamon up (she was about 50 pounds) and got well away from them. He apologized and turned and went home. I saw him about a week later walking his own 2 and before I could ask he told me he had put the rescue dog down the next day. His policy is once they try to attack another dog that is the end of their chances. He says if they are agressive there is not way to trust them. I had to respect him for that. Cinnamon has come nose to nose with his dogs once or twice and they are fine but if I spot them in the park I still take a different route I figure better safe than sorry.

Rowan is just so easy going and loves everyone...... I got a little 'bothered' when I hear these dogs growling at obedience class. It isn't a matter of them no being around other dogs cause the two of them come from the same household.

I don't trust them when we are doing our exercises and am not to keen on them being off leash and 'staying' in a stay........

it is bad enough that I give their owners dirty looks when they are 'crawling up Rowan's and my butt' .... during our heel work. :-\