Is LB Orijen dog food okay?

Thread: Is LB Orijen dog food okay?

DefaultIs LB Orijen dog food okay?

This is a grain-free dog food from Canada and has very high reviews across the web. They are one of the only companies to make a Large Breed version of a food like this.

The analysis is:Guaranteed analysis:
    Protein 42.0% (min.)
    Carbohydrate 18.0% (max.)
    Fat 16.0% (min.)
    Moisture 10.0% (max.)
    Fiber 2.0% (max.)
    Calcium 1.4% (min.)
    Phosphorus 1.1% (min.)
    Omega-6 2.5% (min.)
    Omega-3 1.0% (min.)
    Glucosamine 700 mg/kg (min.)
    Chondroitin 150 mg/kg (min.)
    Microorganisms 50 M cfu/kg

From what I understand the Calcium/Phosporus levels are good for a large breed puppy? Right? I think that is why they are calling this the large breed forumala.

My dog is 11.5 months and he is about 63 lbs - I think he put on about 2 lbs in the last 4 months...

What is your take on the analysis for a dog like mine? He is a house dog, but moderatly active...he comes from an established line of filed dogs...

My only negative reaction is the Glucosamine and Chondroitin being added - I would rather suppliment it myself...and I think i still will, but only half the recommended dosage...but I am not starting that until he is about 12-14 months, per a orthro vet I know.

Thanks for your input

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Is LB Orijen dog food okay?

Main Ingredients:
    Fresh chicken meat, chicken meal (low ash), turkey meal, steamed russet potato, fresh-caught Northern Whitefish, chicken fat, fresh whole eggs, salmon meal, salmon and anchovy oils, tapioca, chicken broth, sunflower oil, flaxseed, Atlantic kelp, steamed carrots, spinach, peas and tomatoes, sun-cured alfalfa, apple fiber, psyllium seed, rosemary extract, yeast extract (MOS), glucosamine HCl, cranberries, black currants, L-carnitine, chondroitin sulfate

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Is LB Orijen dog food okay?

I have never heard of it, but I'm no food expert. You might want to post in the Nutrition section.