Oh, I am so mean. (but man was this fun!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh, I am so mean. (but man was this fun!)

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

DefaultOh, I am so mean. (but man was this fun!)

Abby likes to look over the edge of our stairs and sit and watch while I sit and watch t.v or the fishtank. The other day I was watching the fish with the lights off, and she popped her head over the side and was like "hey! wtf is that in the corner?" (it was me)

She gave a couple of low warning huffs as if to say, I dunno who you are but I'm coming down there, and started down the stairs. I don't know why, but I ran to the other side of the room and sat on the other couch. She got down the stairs, noticed her main target had moved and was now on the other side of the room. She had this look on her face like "UH OH!" and she hightailed it back up the stairs and from the safety of the top, popped her head over the side for a better look.

She got cocky again and started down the stairs, I switched sides again. The whole time I'm trying not to laugh out loud to give myself away. I really think she thought I was a big scary basement monster. This went on for as long as I could hold the laughter in, which was about 5 minutes. By then, she knew who it was and came downstairs all puffed up with this look on her face like "I knew it was you the whole time, Honest!!....."

It was so funny. Anyone else "scare" their dogs? I also like to hide behind the bed or the couch and pop out and scare them. I think they like it too. That is pretty funny actually.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Oh, I am so mean. (but man was this fun!)

mean mommy in da house! LOL! ;D

no, i don't scare luke and taylor for my own amusement. i dress them up or put hats on them, and i have been known to stick peanut butter on the their roofs of their mouths to get a few laughs, so i'm a mean mommy, too.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

Oh ya, cheap scare thrills! I like to do that, especially with the dog I co-own. I'll stand out in his yard (when picking him up for boarding or traing class) and make like a boogie man. When he finds out that it is me, I am lucky if he doesn't bowl me over he gets so excited!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I will throw a ball for Ruger then run and hide, he still cant figure out how to find me. But when he does, I jump out, its funny he will run the other way......

bibber is offline Senior Member

Oh man, I was laughing so hard as I read that! ;D

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I don;t scare Tal but I have been known to hide from him. When he finds me he is so excited!

LOL; you big meanie!!

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

u r a dog abusing thug lol

Sometimes if SU is outside with Theo, I'll issue commands from the upstairs window. It is SOO funny to watch him look around for the VOICE OF GOD. One time he was standing and waiting for her to get something out of the car. I called down, in my most stentorian tone, "THEO! SIT!" He looked around very nervously and then slooooowly sat. Such a good boy.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

hahahaha! I can just picture it! Oh, you and your cheap entertainment...

Yes, I admit, we have purposely scared Angus before. One night he noticed a Halloween mask in our living room. It was actually a permanent fixture in the room. One of those three-foot-tall rubber jobbies. I liked the colors and thought it matched the theme of the room well, so I had it just sitting on a pedestal in a corner. :P Yes, I'm an eclectic decorator.

Anyway, it had been there as long as he had lived with us, but one night it caught his attention and he was like "Grrr! Huff! Huff!" All the hair standing up, backing away, hunkering down as though he thought it was going to leap on top of him.

So, Kevin snickered and said, "Take him into the kitchen." Why I did this, I don't know. I knew what was coming.

Angus and I went into the kitchen, and after a few moments, here comes Kevin, wearing the three foot tall rubber mask and making robot gestures and growly noises.

POOR ANGUS! It scared the hell out of him. He beat it into a corner behind my legs and looked absolutely terrified. It was funny for about five seconds, then it was like, "Oh man, Kevin, take it off, this is really freaking him out."

We haven't tried to scare him since. I think Angus scares a little too easy.

Crash NEVER acted surprised or scared. I think it was the Rottweiler in him. Very stoic.

Simon would probably enjoy a little game of "Boo" though. I can see the playful side in him thinking that was fun!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Sometimes if SU is outside with Theo, I'll issue commands from the upstairs window. It is SOO funny to watch him look around for the VOICE OF GOD.
    ROFL! Nathan, I have done this too! I don't issue commands, but talk to them from the guest bedroom window sometimes. They have never figured out where that voice is coming from.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast