Neutered males still hump females in heat?

Thread: Neutered males still hump females in heat?

DefaultNeutered males still hump females in heat?

If they do, I didn't know that.

Our neighbors have a Golden Retriever, Sadie, and a Brittany Spaniel, Chance. Sadie's about 8-9 mos. now (not spayed); Chance is 4 (intact). We've talked to these owners about spay, but they want Sadie to have 1 litter...not yet, but in a year. They're not having her spayed, yet. :

Yesterday, the dogs were all playing here, when hubby saw Chance try to mount Sadie. That's our biggest fear...she'll end up having puppies to him.

Tucker was all over her, sniffing underneath her and all around her butt area. Then he mounted and started humping her. We called him off, and kept calling him away from the sniffing.

Hub called the neighbors to tell 'em what happened, just in case she's coming into heat. He did it, too, to emphasize that if they don't watch, she'll have pups to Chance, or another dog that'll come around, instead of a Golden. We're hoping they'll keep their dogs separated, and watch her closely, so nothing happens.

We were surprised Tucker was so interested, and that he humped her, since he's neutered.

He must think he's a studly guy; maybe he doesn't realize he shoots blanks. ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Neutered males still hump females in heat?

Larry does this with my mom's girl, Emma. He's obsessed with her when she's in heat.

I was surprised at his interest too, but as I was told "just because his boys are gone doesn't mean he's brain dead." Haha

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Yep, and a neutered male can still tie with a female in standing heat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

My neutered boys will still go after a bitch in heat. The smell is very attractive to them, fixed or not.

patm is offline Senior Member

Skippy is my 7 year old neutered boy and he has never been a "humper". But when Emilu is in prime-time heat, he knows it and tries with all his might to "satisfy" her. She is mostly frustrated.

WigWag Guest

He is still a male of his species! Other organs besides testicles produce hormones including testosterone.

Oh yeh, baby!! My neutered male was about 8 years old when one of my girls came into heat (years ago). I was on the phone with a client and looked out the back door and he had her good!! LOL .... I about dropped the phone........ tee hee!!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by zoezoe
    Oh yeh, baby!! My neutered male was about 8 years old when one of my girls came into heat (years ago). I was on the phone with a client and looked out the back door and he had her good!! LOL .... I about dropped the phone........ tee hee!!
    I about spit my coffee all over the screen for this one!

My friends have a now 2 y/o Golden female they had spayed long time ago. We worked out a deal that when either of us go out of town, we will care for the others dog. I said by this summer Tal would be neutered. Mrs. Golden said that means they can have the Hanky panky without the worry..lol.