My wife looking for new home for Brandy...UPDATE!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife looking for new home for Brandy...UPDATE!

DefaultMy wife looking for new home for Brandy...UPDATE!

In a nutshell....It's NOT HAPPENING!

After my wife taking the time to read the replies from the previous post of the same topic, she no longer feels "alone". Her knowing that just about everyone here went through the same thing, has really softened her up, and has given her a much better understanding. She's taking more time to allow Brandy and the kids to gel, and doing her best not to let Brandy get to her.

OTOH....I'm having a blast with Brandy. I've increased my morning play time with her to almost 2 hours. ( I open my office at 10am) She's fetching, romping, and running, and I make sure she gets nice and tired before I leave for the office.

Also, Spring is just around the corner, and this will a perfect time give Brandy lots of exercise.

So I guess I could safely call it a happy ending. ;D

Thanks all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: My wife looking for new home for Brandy...UPDATE!

Yay!!!! I'm so happy !!!! I LOVE the new picture, It looks like the cover of Marley and Me. You really should get that book and read it, it'll bring a whole new light on what your going through. Good Luck and have fun!!!!

georgie is offline Senior Member

That is good news. Labs are a handful the first year. But with love, training & lots' of exercise they grow up to be wonderful family companions.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Honestly, I just think my wife was having "a few bad days".
    Brandy is a gem. She's so much like having another child, and if I could raise four daughters, she should be a "walk in the park" (no pun) :

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Great news!

I have to say, you take fab pictures...she is adorable.

(PS. Not to be nag, but make sure you go easy and don't over exercise )

Yay! I'm so glad it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    Great news!

I have to say, you take fab pictures...she is adorable.

(PS. Not to be nag, but make sure you go easy and don't over exercise )
    Can you tell more about this?

I've been playing with her until I see that she loses interest. Then she gos inside, eats, then goes to sleep.

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

Aw, Brandy is so cute. I'm glad your wife has given her a reprieve.

When I was a child we got our first dog as a rescue. She was a lab/german shepherd cross and about 6 months old when we got her. For a few weeks my mum put up with messes in the house, washing pulled off the line, flowerbeds dug up, plants in pots pulled over and the pots shattered... you name it, Sheba did it. Finally she had enough, and we packed Sheba up in the car and took her back. My mum cried all night and the next morning we once again made the 90 minute trip and picked Sheba right back up again. She was with us for the rest of her life, and although she had her quirks, she DID grow out of all those things that sent my mum into despair in the first place.

Go to the best advice thread: https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...ic,1694.0.html

Trickster has a long post about exercise. But...the general rule of thumb is 5 minutes of exercise per month old they are. Ie, Gabby is 7 months, so 7 x 5= 35 minutes of exercise. I found with a high energy pup that it was okay to do that am and pm- ie, when she was three months old, she got fifteen minutes of exercise in the am, fifteen in the pm, and some training throughout the day.

Puppies joints are very soft, and more exercise can wreak havoc.

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

I'm so glad things are looking up and you'll be able to keep that precious puppy! That is definitely the best solution for everyone, if that's what your wife really wants. When I suggested you start looking for a good home, I thought from your original post that she was at the complete end of her rope and that having the pup in your home was really creating a division. But if everyone's willing to make the necessary adjustments, you will be so happy in the end. ;D

And let me say, that is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL dog!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast