Tal's Recovery
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tal's Recovery

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultTal's Recovery

Well, this is going alot better, so far anyway, than I expected. It is funny the little games you can think of when you have to! Tal will bring his bald duck and nudge my leg with it. I'll then say "I'm gonna get you" and thats the cue to play keep away. Little goober will run into the next room, then come right back and we do it again.

I decided to use this relatively down time to bone up on his training. So we went for a couple of 10 - 15 minute walks today and he is coming along pretty good! Plus I have worked with him on "down" which I have been kinda forgetting. He is responding nicely.

He is in good spirits and he doesn't act like he is deprived of exercise. Attention from me maybe..haha.

It rained alot today and all doubts about whether he would be afraid of a thunderstorm were erased today. He had to potty so as I was out with him this streak of lightning and clap of thunder happened and didn't seem to phase him in the least.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Tal's Recovery

I can just picture Tal running into another room and then coming right back!!! I'm glad his recovery is going so well.
    Storms don't seem to bother Brigetta either. Thunder doesn't bother Prudence either, but she cannot stand to go out in the rain and it's such a hassle when it's raining and I'm trying to get her to go out. So when I got Brigetta, the first time it rained I took her right out like it was nothing...the only downside it that I know have a dog who loves to run around in the mud every time it rains now!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Yeah the running and comine right back is a real hoot! I might try and get a video of it.

I know I can;t exercise him like I normally would but I think one thing that is helping more than I would have expected is that I still spend lots of time with him and have tried to come up with some games that he can at least have some fun. And the training keeps him with some exercise and helps keep his mind good!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Glad to hear Tal is doing good....The male dogs seem to bounce back by the next day...it's the poor females who have to be cut longer...and they are usually pretty mellow for a few days....I haven't decided what's worse yet since we have had both male and female dogs...you always feel so bad for the females....with the males it's trying to keep them not so active for a few days. Had both of our dogs together today for a few hours, but come early evening...Riley likes to have rough and tumble playtime, so had to seperate them. Also was able to leave the collar off all day....but will probably put it back on at bedtime..
    So Tal has not had to wear a collar at all?
    Debbie

bibber is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear his recovery is going so well. "I'm gonna get you" is a big game at our house too.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Way to go Tal. You are a good boy!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

georgie is offline Senior Member

It sounds like Tal is recovering well. I like your "keep away" game. You need to video Tal doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S.
    Glad to hear Tal is doing good....The male dogs seem to bounce back by the next day...it's the poor females who have to be cut longer...and they are usually pretty mellow for a few days....I haven't decided what's worse yet since we have had both male and female dogs...you always feel so bad for the females....with the males it's trying to keep them not so active for a few days. Had both of our dogs together today for a few hours, but come early evening...Riley likes to have rough and tumble playtime, so had to seperate them. Also was able to leave the collar off all day....but will probably put it back on at bedtime..
    So Tal has not had to wear a collar at all?
    Debbie
    I'm able to take him for walks and I collar and leash him when I take him out to potty. At 7 months his recall is pretty good but I am being really cautious and I know that by keeping him on leash when outside even in enclosed areas I'll be better able to keep him sort of quiet!

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

What a good Daddy!!! You are keeping him busy enough that he doesn't have time to get bored. A very good thing.

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

I'm glad to hear that Tal is recovering so well from his surgery!
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast