Adding second puppy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adding second puppy

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultAdding second puppy

Just wondered am I the only crazy person that is planning another lab puppy around the time her first girl is one??

Don't get me wrong - Rowan had her moments .. and STILL does........ but for the most part she was a normal lab puppy......or was she the exception... cause I have read A Lot of posts about how much of a 'terror' some have been.... :
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Anne is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Adding second puppy

Riley came to live with us when Murphy was 15 months old. For us, it actually worked out perfectly.

There was some pretty rambunctious bitey face. But, then again, 5 years later, the bitey face is still quite rowdy!

Good luck with your decision!

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

Trickster is offline Senior Member

If you are up to it, go for it. I think if Rowan was a terror you would have other ideas BUT, seeing as you say she is well behaved, I don't see why not. The last thing you would want is two troublesome young Labs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

If it were at all possible for me to, I would definitely get another lab right now.
    Good luck!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

I adopted Travis when Wren was 10 months old. Wren is a puppy mill puppy that was at our local lab rescue and I was/am her foster mother. Wren was a badly bred lab and not very adoptable and had a few(!!!!!) behavior problems so we decided to adopt her. I didn't want to see her end up kenneled forever. Travis was born into the rescue and I took him as a foster when he was weaned at 8 weeks and his mother went to be spayed. I fell in love and voila, 2 labs under 1 year. Now Wren is 18 months old and Travis is 10 months old. The first year has been trying but the two of them are best friends. Plenty of exercise is the key! We are lucky to have a fairly large house and an acre fenced in. I now have 4 labs, all rescues and wouldn't trade any of them for anything.

maggieandfinn is offline Senior Member

We just added Finn to the family a couple weeks ago. Maggie will be 16 months old at the end of the month. Every situation is different. It works for us. Just be dure to weigh all the pros and cons and make sure you have the time for both of them. One good thing is they tire each other out. Good luck

Dani is offline Senior Member

I personally think that 1 year is too soon, but that is me. Rider is 3.5 and I am still searching to add to my family. But my process is a bit different because I am in the market for a show potential puppy.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Zoe was 16 months old when we adopted Dutch...Dutch was around 9 months old. It worked out great for us as Zoe had already been through basic obedience and she definitely benefited from having a playmate. Well, we benefited, too!! I think it depends on the person and what the individual can handle. Good luck on your decision.

Piper was 10 months and Jake was 5 months when we brought him home from the SPCA. For us it worked great.

You know your dog the best, and I think you will know when it is the right time to add another pupper to your family!

GOODLUCK!!!!

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

LOL, nope, not with the Abzilla. I did with Jordan, but she was such an exceptional dog that that would have been possible. Abby is still very much a handful and she will lucky to have a sister or brother when she hits 4. Maybe 5. Or 6 LOL
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast