This afternoon

Thread: This afternoon

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultThis afternoon

Well I got home and had the usual greeting! And took Tal out to potty. I know he was expecting to play fetch...man that was soooo hard not to. So we engaged in a little game of keep away and I think he enjoyed the attention...then I took him outside and walked to the corner and back. I know he wants to get out and play but I am going to follow his Dr. orders.

While we were playing I gave him a belly rub abd got the first really good look at his incision. It looks really good...clean, straight and I bet you would never know it is there when it fully heals. There is a little bruising which is to be expected I guess but much less than I would have expected.

It is such a beautiful day here...64 and sunny...I would love to take him out and play fetch! Somehow, tho, I think he isn't minding too much since I am still giving him alot of attention.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bibber is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: This afternoon

Great update!

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Dad gets a gold star on his chart for showing appropriate restraint. Nice to read about a good clean suture. Tal's such a good boy I'll bet he doesn't mess with them much. If he does, it's because they itch. A dab of hydrogen peroxide along the line will relieve the itch.

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a nice clean incision. Tal sounds like he is feeling better. Now you just have to keep playing those fun little games to keep him busy the next few days. I am sure he doesn't mind not running outside when he gets those good belly rubs.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

It is so hard sometimes to do the right things for them but you did the right thing. In a week or so, he'll be right as rain and all will be back to normal.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the encouragement. I really need it. I know he is eating up the attention...he gets that regardless...but it seems to be helping mitigate not playing fetch with him. I just know how much he dearly loves doing that and I hate to deprive him of it...but it's a few days compared to something very serious. Plus the soonr he heals the sooner I can start taking him back to daycare and he can see all his friends again.

And he really doesn't mess with the sutures too much. The Dr. said that the sutures were inside. It looks like the skin if folded inwards and you cannot see the sutures on the outside. The reason they do it that way is they have found that they tend to lick it less.

He is so funny..all I have to do is say belly rub! and he rolls over...he is one contented Lab then!

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

aww, tal is so sweet.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

thats good hope he gets better soon. i need to get lola fixed also. does anyone know what i average price is?

Dixies Mom is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear Tal is doing well!