Lab Rescue???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lab Rescue???

DefaultLab Rescue???

A friend of ours is looking for a female yellow lab, but they would rather get a dog from a dog rescue or pound than go to a breeder. I've been looking for a lab rescue in the area, but I can't find one. Does anyone know of any dog rescues in colorado? He seems to be pretty particular in what he wants (I think he had a yellow lab growing up and is pretty partial to them), and the new family member needs to be good with other dogs since they already have a basset hound (and we spend a lot of time together so our dogs play) and he has 3 kids from a previous marriage and they are trying to have a baby so it must be good with kids. If anyone has any ideas of where to find one please let me know. Thanks!!

;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Lab Rescue???

Have you checked www.petfinder.com ?

I know of a 2 yr. old yellow female in Alabama; but that's a bit far........

I would pm Dani. She knows of a ton of rescues.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Dani is offline Senior Member

Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Thanks for all of your help, they ended up finding an 8 y/o girl. I haven't met her yet, but they say she'll give my pups a run for their money.

Awww good for them! Tell them thanks for saving a labs life and considering an older girl. Ask them to join here!

I definately will, it's always nice meeting another lab lover!!! Now when they come over we're going to have a full house, just as many dogs as people!!

Felix Guest

Just an other Labrador rescue'd! 8)

Just a little update, We introduced the dogs this weekend. At first our friends new lab (they named her roxy) didn't like chester or bowdee at all, she just wanted them out. But I think we did it too much too fast, we were helping them move and they had just taken all of the furniture out of the old house and then we walked in with both chester and bowdee on leashes. So we took our dogs with us to the new house and they waited for one more load to bring Trixie (bassett hound) and roxy over. We put all of the dogs in the back yard and everything went great!!! I'm so glad my dogs have a new friend. And I'm especially glad that another lab has been rescued!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast