Sloppy water drinkers: Solutions?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sloppy water drinkers: Solutions?

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultSloppy water drinkers: Solutions?

A lot of you probably have the sloppy water drinker. Glug-glug-glug from their bowl and the last glug gets slung from their mouths and lips all over the floor. Then they go out to play, come back in, track dirt through the water on the floor and presto! The mud pit begins.

We've tried bath sheets under the water bowls, no good. They hang on to that last glug until they're halfway through the kitchen and then sling it around everywhere. Or they walk through the kitchen just letting that water slide out of their mouths. You know what I'm talking about.

Any ideas other than mopping up a gazillion times a day?

Seamus and Flynn

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Sloppy water drinkers: Solutions?

Mopping up a zillion times a day seems to be what works here.

I do have their water on a double rug and then another rug down the hall where they turn after they have had a drink ... but I still wipe up water constantly! :-\

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

I wipe her mouth w/a towel after she drinks. Easy to do as a one-dog owner.

When people come over to our house w/their dogs, they have learned to wipe too. LOL
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mocha Guest

no solutions here. Maggie is a glugger!

She has scoop tongue.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

I put their main water bowl on a metal tray. It catches alot of the dribbling while they are drinking. Doesn't quite help when they walk around the house though but it does cut down on the overall flooding. The waterbowls in the crate are attached to the crate walls and up off the floor. They used to step on their waterbowls and send the water flying.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

We use a bowl holder, too, which my dad built for Little Lord Fauntleroy. He is fed in the downstairs bathroom, which has vinyl flooring. What doesn't land back in the bowl seems to stay in the bathroom, generally speaking. We tried keeping the bowl in the kitchen near the door but it was just too much of a mess.

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

we keep the water bucket in one of bedrooms. all our bedrooms have wall to wall carpet, and the dogs have full access to their water bucket. whatever amount of water that gets dribbled gets absorbed by the carpet.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

You guys haven't seen anything until you have a sloppy water drinking Mastiff! LOL

I use a towel and wipe his mouth, I have a large rubber backed bath rug under the water dishes...and a wipe the floor..wipe the floor. If I'm lucky most of it comes off before he slings it all over the place by shaking his head.

my dogs water bowl is outside so when she drinks she plays so all the water just drips outside then when its time to come in shes clean

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Only Duncan is a sloppy water drinker, the other two are amazingly neat!! Duncan usually leaves a trail from the water bowl (which has a bath rug underneath) all the way through the kitchen, unless he stops to lean on our thighs while we're eating....then we wind up with a wet spot!! No solutions other than to say....keep that mop handy!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast