Just Labradors banner

Tal's surgery **He's Home! UPDATE**

2K views 41 replies 36 participants last post by  CJs Mom 
#1 ·
Well he is doing fine and I am about to leave and pick him up. I called about 11 this morning and they were prepping him then. They did some bloodwork and everything is just fine. The vet called me about 12:30 and said he was waking up in recovery and was doing fine that I could pick him up between 4:30 and 6. I decided to go ahead and come home and chage clothes first!

I'll be back in a bit...

#29 ·
Debbie S. said:
Glad Tal is doing good....I'm getting our boy Aussie done tomorrow....and like you I'll be glad when it is over...I'm taking Friday off just to keep an eye on him, then we have the weekend....so will probably keep Aussie Riley and Lab Katie seperated for a few days....It's Riley that is the rough player at this stage....Our Lab Katie is 10 tomorrow so I'm telling her she gets a couple of days "of peace" as her birthday gift ;D
Anyway, is your dog wearing one of those collars? I know the vet said that he would send us home with one, but I don't even remember using one when we got our Collie done...
Usually the males bounce back pretty quick, and then it's just trying to keep them from being so active for a couple of days....the females are usually down for the count for a few days...
Hope Tal is having a restful night....
Debbie
They said he would only need one if he licked the area alot. So far he has licked it some but it's not a constant thing so I'm not gonna worry about it.

he's doing great!

#31 ·
Glad to hear all went well. I always get a chuckle out of the Dr's instructions. "Make sure to keep your lab calm" "Don't let them run" "Don't let them lick the incision" Sometimes the hardest part is 2 days after the surgery and your baby feels like a million bucks! This summer we had spayed Maggie and Daisy at the same time, by day 2 they thought they could rough house and swim like always. Needless to say it was quite the challenge to explain to them why they couldn't. ;D

#37 ·
Glad Tal is doing good.....Riley is doing good, but I did decide to e-collar him because he was already going at his stitches, and really don't want to end up back at the vets so soon. He does not like this collar though...poor boy. This next week should be interesting trying to keep Riley in slow mode....He is already NOT in slow mode...he pulled me all the way out to my vehicle, LOL...........Nope, this isn't slowing him down one bit....
Debbie

#38 ·
Debbie S. said:
Glad Tal is doing good.....Riley is doing good, but I did decide to e-collar him because he was already going at his stitches, and really don't want to end up back at the vets so soon. He does not like this collar though...poor boy. This next week should be interesting trying to keep Riley in slow mode....He is already NOT in slow mode...he pulled me all the way out to my vehicle, LOL...........Nope, this isn't slowing him down one bit....
Debbie
We are in the same boat! Good luck and hope Riley recovers quickly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.