Good Times Were Had By All

Thread: Good Times Were Had By All

DefaultGood Times Were Had By All

Our training club has an open training night on Tues were we can pay $5 and use the facility (lights and equipment) for obedience run thrus or training on our own. A group of us goes every week and puts each of us thru the exercises. I'm trying to get Murray ready for a 4 day show the first weekend in March so I'm definitely there every week.

Murray was in rare form last night. It was cool and he was feelin’ good. He was forging like crazy…leaping and bouncing along beside me. He destroyed the article pile twice. He went flying out there kicking them all over the place, grabbed the correct article, then raced back to front with his tail wagging. He was anticipating every command so we were goofing around with him for the go outs. I’d flinch or take a breath or whatever and he’d leap forward a full body length, then realize what he did and scoot back into place. The girls were all laughing and I was trying very hard not to. The girl who was acting as judge said “how do you keep a straight face?” I told her it was very hard. Murray did his go outs and came back to front. He kept anticipating the finish so another girl told me to pivot to heel position instead but every time I’d start to move Murray would jump up and go to heel. The next time he would do a flip finish. Each time he’d sit there grinning from ear to ear and I’d try not to laugh at him because it was only encouraging him more. It was getting quite comical until finally he high fived me as he was fronting then it was all over from there. I was laughing so hard by then I almost peed my pants. At least I can say his attitude is back. ;D Everyone had a great time but I think Murray had the most fun of all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Good Times Were Had By All

Sounds like he truly was having fun! Love the high five!!! You guys are lucky to have the facility. We have nothing like that here. I'm going to haul Ruger up to Columbia in April for a show n go, it's two hours for me but we need to be there. We show there a lot, I figured it would really help him to train there a time or two as well.

LOL at the mental image of the high five!

Frances

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

A classic Murray story!

I love Murray. I absolutely MUST meet him one day.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    You guys are lucky to have the facility. We have nothing like that here.
    Maybe I should clarify. It is our agility training "facility" which is basically a big open field...but it is lit. We just throw some jumps out there, put up a couple of go out poles and go for it. ;D The owner runs her sheep in the field so there are always interesting scents and goodies around.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

I love Murray. It's nice to know that Theo has a brother in spirit out there somewhere.