Just Labradors banner

BUTT TUCK RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  kassabella 
#1 ·
I have slowly been re-taking the reins on Wesley's walking routine, as I'm recovering still from knee surgery in early Feb. SU, bless her, has been on the forefront of his exercise regimen, but as I'm feeling stronger and stronger, I'm back (some) holding the leash.

I had him out yesterday afternoon, late (5-ish), and we went to a nearby soccer field. And he looked SO happy and was being SO good... and there was just enough snow left on the ground to make this fun.....

So I snapped him off the leash and let him go ZOOOOOOOOOOMing for about 10 minutes. I have not seen my boy butt-tuck like that in a long time. It was like he finally could scratch an itch that had been bugging him for *weeks*. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

It was a joy to behold.

#9 ·
HEHEHE! I could just picture it. Hopefully Wes isn't like Murray and Essy who charge me when they are butt tucking. We don't want you to lose your other knee.

#19 ·
Dan, that's so cute! I can just picture it! I am sitting here smiling, thinking of it!

In a somewhat related story, Kevin has had a cold for the past week. So, the boys have been put in the backyard some nights in lieu of their walk. I have also been trying to avoid spending a lot of time in the same room with him, which would be the living room, which is where our training sessions take place.

I have been playing indoor fetch with them a little, but as you put it, they have had a big itch that needed scratching.

Last night was the first night I felt like it was safe to re-enter the living room, so they got to play their full-out games of fetch for the first time in a week.

OH BOY! You have never seen bigger smiles than they were sporting! ;D They just seemed like, "YAY! It's getting back to normal around here!" You could really tell that they were thrilled.

#21 ·
Glad you knee is improving. I am sure you have both had a bit of cabin fever.

Nothing like getting rid of an "itch".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.