Maddie, doing what she loves best
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maddie, doing what she loves best

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

DefaultMaddie, doing what she loves best

I thought I would take some time out from puppy pictures and updates to post a few pictures of dear Maddie from last weekend.

Every year in February the outdoor/hunting show comes to town. I have a lot of friends that come from other states to set up booths at the show, so I get in for free the entire 5 days. I always take one of the dogs to the show with me. It promotes rescue and draws people to my friends booth. I did not make it in the first day because of the snow, but Thursday I took Dusty, the deaf lab I have with me. She did very well and stole a lot of hearts in the time we where there.

Friday I took Bubba. He is always a favorite and he loves the attention. He is almost 10 now and the shows are getting harder for him because of all the walking and the hard cement floors.

Sunday I promissed Maddie she could go to the show with me. It is very hard on her, but she so loves being around all the people, and especially the kids. I knew we would only be there an hour or two, so I loaded her up and off we went.

Here she is in my friend from New Brunswick's booth. She is helping us sell bear hunts.

People see her and run to us like a wave. She soaks up every bit of the attention and gives it back just as good as she gets it.

The little girl in the wheel chair practicly ran me down trying to get to pet Maddie. She and her family spent about 15 minutes with us and had me in tears. The girl has CP and has been in the chair all her life. She just wanted to stay and pet Maddie forever. She finally had her mom lift her down on the floor beside Maddie, but then a guard said we where blocking the asile and made us move. The girl also ask about the lump on Maddies leg and was so sad to hear it was probably cancer. She ask her mom if they could take Maddie home with them.

She made lots of new friends there, and thought she should have a bear of her own to bring home. She kept going over and trying to get him to play (even though he is stuffed) By this time she was pretty well worn out, so we headed for home. It was my early birthday gift to her to take her to the show. I think she really had a great time and I know all the people enjoied her. She is such a special girl. Don't forget, only 19 days until she turns 17! :-*
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tuckersmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Maddie, doing what she loves best

How great that the show brings so much happiness to the dogs and the people they interact with! That Maddie is so sweet she brings tears to my eyes.

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Joe, she is just so beautiful and such a regal old lady. Wow....almost 17 y.o.! Hugs to you and all of your furkids.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

She is an amazing, beautiful old gal.

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Good girl, Maddy! We'll all be celebrating your special day with you in a few weeks.

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

What a grand old gal! Hugs to Maddie.

Brookville, Pa.

Sounds like the Grand Lady had a great day. Look forward to celebrating her birthday.

What a great thing to do! She is adorable. And almost 17! Wow! Can't wait for that birthday party.............

sloigo is offline Senior Member

Sounds like Maddie had a great time & gave great joy to all who met her! ;D What a special girl she must be indeed. Enjoy every day.
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Thank you for sharing Joe.

Wow 17. Must be all the love and care she has received to keep her alive that long.

What a wonderful old girl, and she still enjoys seeing everyone.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast