Good dogs gone wild....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good dogs gone wild....

DefaultGood dogs gone wild....

Ok so i read every now and then counter surfing and stuff like that about the JL dogs here. so i would like to know what is the worlst thing your dog has done? the reason i ask is because this weekend Roxy tore up the inside of our SUV she ripped the leather seats and used the bathroom on the passenger seat... serves me right for leaving her there for a while... but i would like to hear (read) your stories just so that i know i am not alone in the battle of misjudgment and trusting the dog a little to much... i still love her though
    side note i will be investing on the little fence that you put on the back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Felix Guest

DefaultRe: Good dogs gone wild....

The only thing Laika has done until now, she like's ducks verry much, so she already has bringed me (unwanted) three pieces of duck to me :

And the all have died through the many stress they suffer i gues, because i couldnt find any blood on those ducks, and they are still warm, so i gues they arent dead when Laika catch them :

But in house or in the car, she never demolish any thing ... even food can stay on the table 8)

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

The worst thing Lexi has done is chew up (and I do mean totally mutilate) the A/C power source for my laptop computer. It cost me $100 to replace the darn thing.

What really perplexed me was she never bothered with it laying on the floor under the dining room table. The day she chewed it up, I had had the computer out the day before and I had not unpacked it before leaving for work that morning. It was all packaged up inside the carry bag and she got the power source out of the velcro pocket. ???

My pretty girl, Lexi!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Moses ate my favorite pair of shoes...they were new, awesome, 9 west sandals...it was shortly after we moved last spring. I think he was a little stressed over the move. Just this week Moses utterly destroyed and de-stuffed my son's comforter from his bed. I was in the tub. But never anything like a sofa or car!! Not yet anyway....

About a 3 months ago I started leaving Bogey for short stints out of his cage while I would go out. Well guess what. I went to clean the dust from behind my office couch and what did I find???????????? HE CHEWED OFF ABOUT A FOOTLONG LENGTH OF THE MY NEW BAY WINDOW, WINDOW's SIL. LIKE A BEAVER.
    He knew as soon as I moved the couch that he was in trouble. He ran right to his crate. I didn't have to say a word. Well I got him out of the crate and and walked him buy his collar over to the "Window Sil" and told him "bad" in a very sturn voice. That was around Christmas. Since then has been crate FREE without a incident. He is such a good puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mocha Guest

Well......Maggie completely demolished the inside of my house. She chewed the top off of the chocolate syrup bottle and there was chocolate sauce all over the livingroom floor. Chewed up my antique chair, pillows, toilet paper, dog food, cat food, wine bottles (corks gone and wine), books, shoes, slippers, socks, duck decoy off the wall, so much more that I can't remember. All in one day. This was the day we forgot to lock the front sliding glass door and she must have leaned against it and it opened up and she just let herself in and had a fun day without us. She knew she was in trouble too by the look on her face when we drove up. Her ears gave her away and she didn't come running up to the car. Boy, oh boy! I will try and find the pictures. This was when we first got her and didn't know much about labs.

We have been pretty lucky and none of our labs have been particularly destructive. However, my hubby had decided Grace was old enough to stay out of her crate at night and we had her restricted to the kitchen wth her older brother Roy (our 13 year old chocolate). Well, she apparently decided she had a taste for oil paint and scraped patches of paint off our recently refaced and newly painted kitchen cabinets and molding. I was furious! > I wanted to bring the crate back out, but Daddy decided that maybe it was time for her to spend the night in our room....that was almost 6 years ago and we have not had much trouble since (an occasional counter surf or dumpster diving, but nothing major). Although, you know when she has done something wrong....she comes slinking into the room with her belly almost touching the floor. If you ask her "what did you do?!" she will slink right into her "corner" and stay there til we release her.

Here are a couple of pics of her "in her corner". Doesn't matter what else is in her corner, she will squeeze herself in there!

tuckersmom is offline Senior Member

serves me right for leaving her there for a while
    How long was she in there???

Nothing terrible, but then they are rarely unattended. However, if they do, such as stealing the tissues out of the garbage, (the biggest) they come over to me showing their new prize, being very proud of themselves!

Oh wait, Fanny lay in the armchair by the front door one day and chewed the edge of the end table cupboard beside her. And we were sitting at the kitchen table in full view of her! And she didn't bat an eye when told so stop, bad girl. she just stopped chewing, lay her head on the arm of the chair and fell asleep. Hasn't touched it since.

She has raided the garbage can a couple of times, oh the memories are coming back now, got told NO ( I have a special voice I use. LOL) and she stopped. Now the lid can't be flipped so she is SOOL.

Eddie, who we think would do all the things we don't want him to do, doesn't. He doesn't even raid the tissues from the bedroom garbage cans... He is a coward and was yelled at a lot by his previous owner so he probably has memories and doesn't want to go there again. Poor boy. He is a devil though, with Fanny, give her not a minutes peace. That is his bad behaviour.

I am blessed when I read some of your horror stories.... hopefully I haven't jinxed myself..............

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

The worse thing my dog ever did was repeatedly tear up the wall to wall carpet in the family room. This was an old dog I had years ago.

The worse thing Magnum and Ruger have done is tear up the pillows off of the sofa. It was like a blizzard had hit inside the house, there was so much white stuffing everywhere!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast