Laughing Labradors !?

Thread: Laughing Labradors !?

Felix Guest

DefaultLaughing Labradors !?

Since i do a lot of walking true the forrests allong her on the are i live in, and i must say, that i've noticed some thing funny ...

It is just like if she always smile's if she's outdoors ???

Doe's you're Labrador also laugh ?! ???

;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Anne is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Laughing Labradors !?

Great picture!

Mine don't laugh, but we certainly see a smile or two out of them.

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

KLM

Oh yes, Jake is a big smiler! I just love it!!

Here is one of my favorites!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mybabymambo Guest

Mambo is also a big smiler. He always has a smile or I swear looks like he is laughing at me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Felix Guest

Awesome photo!! 8)

Duke grinning from ear to ear while swiming at the dog park.

Felix Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dukesdad
    Duke grinning from ear to ear while swiming at the dog park.
    That's definitely a smiling Labrador in his element, of doing what he can do the best ... Swimming!! 8)

Mocha Guest

Yes, Maggie laughs!

Zamode is offline Member

Apparently, they do!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog

Laughter might not be confined or unique to humans, despite Aristotle's observation that "only the human animal laughs". The differences between chimpanzee and human laughter may be the result of adaptations that have evolved to enable human speech. However, some behavioral psychologists argue that self-awareness of one's situation, or the ability to identify with somebody else's predicament, are prerequisites for laughter, so animals are not really laughing in the same way that we do.

The dog-laugh sounds similar to a normal pant. However by analyzing the pant using a spectrograph, this pant varies with bursts of frequencies, resulting in a laugh. When this recorded dog-laugh vocalization is played to dogs in a shelter setting, it can initiate play, promote pro-social behavior, and decrease stress levels. In a study by Simonet, Versteeg, and Storie, one hundred and twenty subject dogs residing in a mid-size county animal shelter were observed. Dogs ranging from 4 months to 10 years of age were compared with and without exposure to a dog-laugh recording. The stress behaviors measured included panting, growling, salivating, pacing, barking, cowering, lunging, play-bows, sitting, orienting and lying down. The study resulted in positive findings. Exposure to the dog laughing recording resulted in the following: significantly reduced stress behaviors, increased tail wagging and the display of a play-face when playing was initiated, and more frequent pro-social behavior such as approaching and lip licking. This research suggests exposure to dog-laugh vocalizations can calm and possibly increase shelter adoptions

<br />Always in my heart sweet bubby bear ~

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Ruger laughs. That's how he got the nickname of "Mr. Chuckles". It's a really funny noise he makes and it makes me laugh too. Then when I laugh he does it again. We play back and forth this way. He's such a talker too.