HELP COMPUTER WHIZES

Thread: HELP COMPUTER WHIZES

DefaultHELP COMPUTER WHIZES

(YES WHIZ LIKE CHEEZ WHIZ!)

I got a new printer and I can't install it...I have tried several times but I keep getting the same error:

RPS server is unavailable

When I went to the MS site, they said to go to command prompt and run, then 'net start rpcss'....But alas, I am not printing.

HELP ME! This is so frustrating! I just want to print one page!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: HELP COMPUTER WHIZES

Not a whiz, but, have you selected the printer as your printer of choice at the printer page?

That did not sound too bright but, when installing a printer there appears a page with a couple of printers on there, one is marked default. The other may be the one you want but until you click on it, it won't print. Once clicked it becomes your default printer. It's in control panel, then the folder printers and faxes. I have 4 choices in there and one of them I have never had hooked up! Or in my house even....

If that isn't it I have no clue................... I hope I helped...............

When in control panel, and I select ADD A PRINTER it says that I can't...blasted!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

What printer is it?

Did it not come with software?

Yes it came with software, When it is finished installing the software it comes up as

PRINTER DRIVER NOT INSTALLED. PLEASE INSTALL YOUR PRINTER DRIVER.

If you have a software disk, there's no need to "add a printer" from control panel.
    How do you have the printer connected to the PC? Is it USB? If so, is it connecte3d directly to the back of the PC, or a USB hub?

Can you please tell me the name brand printer?

Its a Lexmark 3300.

When I plugged in the USB cable, it came up add new hardware using software, I clicked yes, it did it's thing...then the end result was "RPC server unavailable"

the scanner is working

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

When you say the scanner is working, do you mean it is communicating with the computer, or that the scanner is simply functioning? If you have another USB port, I would try plugging it into that one. I recently installed a Lexmark printer for my parents and had similar problems. I simply switched USB ports and the computer recognized it.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I recently installed an Epson and had to uninstall it and reinstall to get it to communicate with my computer. You might try that.