So, I was watching the Westminster Dog Show last night...

Thread: So, I was watching the Westminster Dog Show last night...

chocco_23 Guest

DefaultSo, I was watching the Westminster Dog Show last night...

... and it was on the sporting group and there was a lab in that group. The lab was a stunning yellow Labrador retriever and really looked the piece. So, when it came for the woman to choose the dogs to go through, she first choose 8 of her favourite so she could make the decision. And guess what the stunning lab didn't even get chosen into the first 8 so the judge could make up her mind!!

I was so surprised, because it was a LAB for gods sake!! And what made it even worst was that she choose 3 or 4 Irish Setters of all different colours and the lab didn't even get a look in!! The judge choose 3-4 Irish Setters that were all practically the same apart from their coat colour.

I am sorry if I seem to be going on a bit, but the lab even get a glance at, let alone a second glance. From my point of view Labrador Retrievers are the king of all dogs, I was sure the lab would get chosen. But the poor dog didn't get chosen. :'(

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: So, I was watching the Westminster Dog Show last night...

That's not the first time the Lab didn't make the cut. Labs aren't a flashy breed, so tend to get "over looked", shall we say? Oh, and the Setters? They were 3 different breeds, each from a different country, bred to hunt in different terrain: Irish- red, from Ireland, finest boned of the 3, English- white with ticking, from England, and Gordon- black and tan, from Scotland, largest/heaviest of the 3. Now, the Cockers- they are all the same breed, shown in 3 different colors- Black, Parti (white with color) and ASCOB (Any Other Color Other than Black).

tuckersmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: So, I was watching the Westminster Dog Show last night...

There was a good discussion about this same thing last week:

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,35347.0.html