Back to the vet for Timber *2/21 Morning Update in OP*
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to the vet for Timber *2/21 Morning Update in OP*

DefaultBack to the vet for Timber *2/21 Morning Update in OP*

I posted a couple weeks ago that she had some swelling on her leg--the joint above her foot. They put her on a antibiotic and an anti inflammatory, as well as a topical steroidal spray. It seemed to be going down and she started trying to use it more, but this past weekend the swelling came back big time, and she wont put weight on it again.

Since they were both due for their yearly shots soon, I moved the appt up and brought her in this morning. He gave her a shot of antibiotic and anti inflammatory and will be most likely xraying it this afternoon if it doesnt go down.

Dang I hate it when they are hurt or sick and we dont know what to do for them.

11:15 AM Update
    **I talked to the vet and he showed me her xray. He said it was a huge shock to him to see that in such a young dog--shes only three. He is going to do a chest xray today and we will know more then. If it hasnt spread, he suggests amputation ASAP, as it is very aggressive and is affecting the joint to the point that anything at this point could break it.

Even with amputation, there is a chance that there are cancer cells that have spread and are just not detectable. I guess at this point its one step at a time. he seems to be very confident that it hasnt spread and we can amputate and treat her after with some pretty strong medicines.

Just when I think I am cried out, it all starts again. Thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts--they mean more to me than you know. I will update this evening after he has had a chance to xray her chest.

*2/21 Morning Update*
    Thank you for all of your prayers. The vet showed the leg xray to two other vets here, one who has done some oncology work, and both agreed that they didnt think a biopsy was going to tell them something that the xray didnt already. All agreed that amputation was the best choice.

He did a chest xray this morning and showed me and the lungs lwere clear. So if there is anything in there, it is microscopic. We gave the go ahead to do the amputation this morning. The sooner the better to get that out of her body. It will be a definite adjustment, but after looking at the site that Kassabella recommended, I am feeling better about the decision. Everything we have been told and have read suggests that amputation of a limb is the best chance of any kind of survival.

We know this wont guarantee us a set amount of time, but we are going to try to help her through this the best we can. He took her in about 9:45 for surgery, and said it is about a 2 hr surgery, so I am going to try to go and do something to keep occupied till I hear from him. I miss my girl.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mybabymambo Guest

DefaultRe: Back to the vet for Timber

Oh I hope Timber feels better soon. Let us know what they say when they take the x-rays.

Sending good thought your way !!!

Hopefully it's nothign but I think I would insist on the x-rays to see what's going on.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

poor timber, i hope she gets better soon.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

I just checked on her and the swelling has went down a little. He is going to draw blood tonight and do an xray in the morning. Sigh....I hate worrying.

Get well soon Timber.

Michelle and Poppy

pj

sorry timber's still not feeling well.

good thoughts out to you guys!

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Hope Timber starts to feel better and the get to the cause of the swelling.

Brookville, Pa.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

awww crap..I hope Timber gets better soon.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I hope Timber feels bteer soon & you find out what is causing the swelling.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast