kennel blanket?

Thread: kennel blanket?

Defaultkennel blanket?

Roxy has destroyed/chewed up 2 blankets that I put in her kennel, (indoor crate actually, for when we are at work) so far and now I've put a heavy rug in their and she's starting to chew on that!! I hate to have nothing in their as it would seem so uncomfortable??? Any sugguestions??

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: kennel blanket?

Nothing in the kennel until she is over that. She'll be fine with nothing. It's not worth the risk of her ingesting pieces of blanket & needing surgery. We had to take Angus' bedding out for awhile too.

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastmom
    Nothing in the kennel until she is over that. She'll be fine with nothing. It's not worth the risk of her ingesting pieces of blanket & needing surgery. We had to take Angus' bedding out for awhile too.
    I completely agree. Kody never had anything in his except his nylabone and was fine. As long as the heat in the house isn't too low, she will be fine.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Scout and friends Guest

If Scout is in her crate and she's alone in the house, she chews the mat. Never at night when she's sleeping her in crate, just during the day when I'm out and I've crated her.

I gave up. I take her mat out of the crate when she's in it and alone in the house. Problem solved.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Tal chewed up a blanket as well so I took it out. Around Christmas I got him a crate pad and he loves it. But if he had started chewing it I would have removed it and left nothing in there. Everyone is right. Until this passes, nothing in there that Roxy could chew and it could cause an obstruction...She'll be fine with nothing in there.

I just ran into the same problem with Bailey (11 months). She was so good about leaving her towel/blanket, but the past 2 weeks she started ripping, so it's out for now. I'll see about re-introducing it again at a later time, but monitoring her with it before I trust her alone again.